A whole NEW pain!!!

Jupiter6
on 5/15/09 2:26 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Get good drugs, M'liss. I'm poppin' codeine and wincing with ya--- literally!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

MelissaF
on 5/15/09 2:34 am - Northwood, IA
How are *YOU* doing? I have been wondering about you a lot today?!?! You are already online?

God Bless ya.... how do you do it?

HUGS
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

islander
on 5/15/09 3:39 am - Middletown, RI
I had br & tt.  I know exactly what you mean.  I called it the "itchy burnies."  It drove me crazy at night.  So I asked for painkiller refills & USED THEM.  It gradually got better.  Showering & lotion also helped.

Loosen that binder & take it off sometimes.  I was supposed to undo it regularly & after -2-3 wks. it was gone.  I was using Spanxy-type garments.  Sometimes not at night, sometimes yes.

I was on painkiller for ? 1 1/2 mos. to 2.  Gradually, the otc stuff worked.  At 2 1/2 wks., though, I was using those painkillers at least twice/day.  As a nurse you well know to use that stuff when the pain BEGINS, not after you're sitting there crying.

Yeah, the itchy-burnies.  Gone now.  Breasts still "awakening" a bit.

Painkillers.  Love them.  Don't forget a laxative.

MelissaF
on 5/15/09 4:24 am - Northwood, IA
Yeah its such a weird and not pleasant sensation, I would not call it excurciating but definently very very annoying!!!

He did mention loosening or even removing the binder for a couple hours a day, I will try that but it is sorta my security blanket.  Before this numbing wore off I loved my binder, now I am starting to have a love/hate relationship as it bothers the zingy sensation or aggravates it I should say.

Wow, you were on pain killers a while! That makes me feel better b/c a friend of mine who had the exact same surgery as me with the same surgeon never took narcs even in the hospital, just xtra st tylenol and went back to work 2 days later and is a dentist... that makes me feel like a wuss but I am coming to the conclusion she is not human. LOL  She also just had a baby via c-section and took 2-3 days off and was back in the office.  HELLO!?!?!

Eating prunes and taking stool softeners.. no problem there :o)

Thanks again.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

MSHAMO
on 5/15/09 8:26 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI

I'm still taking a couple of vicodin a day and I'm 10 weeks out from my TT. Take those drugs!! 

High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
MelissaF
on 5/15/09 10:35 am - Northwood, IA
Wow, ok that makes me feel better.  The nurse acted resistent like "you really need them?"  Maybe its the garment?  WHAT?  No.  The garment has been fine the past two weeks, the nerves have just woken up now... its not the garment.  Sigh... anyways.  I got 30 lortab and that has to last me b/c they won't be refilling after this.

Thanks for listening.. I appreciate it.  I am just greatful I got something!
Hugs, Melissa 

KathigME
on 5/15/09 8:35 am - Gorham, ME
I say take 'em if you got 'em! No need to be brave here!  So, how long are you out of work?  I have a desk job and I am thinking 3 weeks with just a Panni and a Tummy tuck, what do you think? Or will it be more like 6 weeks?
Kathi G.  I LOVE MY RNY!!   
MelissaF
on 5/15/09 10:32 am - Northwood, IA
Thanks Kathi! I got some lortab today so hopefully that will take the edge off.  nurse acted a little resistent to wanting to do it but I was like seriously... they keep saying its my garment or something like I need a different one.  I wore this one the whole time no problems and now all the sudden the nerve endings wake up and they are blaming the garment? (nurse not doc) weird.. ANYWAYS

I think 3 weeks will be fine for panni/TT combo for a desk job.  Make sure you have good compression garment and good meds available to you that you can still function with.

I do not think you will need 6 weeks.  I keep saying "if the back side wasn't cut on, it would make life so much easier"  in other words, being cut all the way around makes it very tricky.  I think u will be fine for 3 weeks honestly.  I am a nurse and work 12 hour shifts on my feet the whole time. I am on a 6 lb weight restriction for 6 weeks so I cannot go back any earlier than 6 weeks b/c of the physical demands of my job.

Hope this helps, take care and keep me posted!!
Hugs, Melissa 

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/09 10:15 pm
MelissaF
on 5/16/09 3:00 am - Northwood, IA
Yes Mom ;-) 
Hugs, Melissa 

Most Active