Good Morning???

sophieclark
on 5/14/09 6:12 pm - Weatherford, TX
First of all good morning. couldnt sleep so thought i'd ask some burning questions. i had rny in 12/04. lost 183. yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee for me! all went great. finally got up the nearve to have total lower body lift and medial tjigh lift, (they too 12 pounds of skin, 2 liters fat) in November, No prob, pretty pain free, went back to work in 2 weeks. ok, my question is,  while my surgeon is awesome, did an amazing job amd most of my sacrs are almost invisible already, my lower tummy where my old bellybutton was poofs out after a while every day., especially if i fail to wear my comression garment AND (TMI) I also find myself (ahem) "leaking" during the day where i didnt have that before. is it maybe still just swelling???????? my doc says so, but i thought i'd go back to my urologist and check with them. all in all...definately worth it. the insurance paid 100% becaue i have serious arthritis from it and the ruemetologist could not give me injections for it.

who knows? this winter, maybe a "front end job?"

Have a good one!
Sophie
Sophie Clark
"Its not the years in your life it's the life in your years!!" 299/113/135
islander
on 5/14/09 10:47 pm - Middletown, RI
Sounds like you still have swelling which my Dr. told me can continue for a year.  He thought that I would have more relief with my tt swelling by 6 mos. period (it's now 3).  No leaking, but I can see where that might be a result with the increased pressure there.  Still, I'd check it out.

My primary also told me that the healing there takes longer from the inside because of all the activity from the large intestine.  I'm supposing that the thigh work may also contribute.

The swelling in that area is truly annoying, but I haven't found that the compression garment makes any difference at all- it still swells with/without it.  I've had better luck with some gentle massage, a warm shower, or a long walk.

Most Active