Seromas and such...

bradshaw0506
on 5/15/09 12:46 pm - Chicago, IL
I did have a thigh lift with my LBL.

I actually received the same garment in 2 sizes - XXL and XL.  Right now I'm air drying the XXL and am wearing the XL.  It's tight for sure and it's making my back bulge just below the band so I put my wrap around binder on to lessen that muffin top.

The cool thing is that 2 days ago I could put this XL on without some serious discomfort but now it's not too bad.

I will add that keeping good compression on my lower abdomen has lessened the giggle I was seeing.  One side is more swollen that the other but of course one side of my mons is more swollen than the other as well.  I really don't want any revisions, god help me!

Even with all the swelling I can still wear a small right off the rack.  I bought a very light weight t-shirt dress from the Gap and when I tried it on I almost died!  I thought it would be tight for sure but nope it was perfect.  Now adding my new boobs to it was just perfection.  LOL!

I MY DS!!!

MelissaF
on 5/15/09 12:52 pm - Northwood, IA
I hear ya on the boobages!!! Me TOO!

I am surprised u need XL or XXL... seems huge if you can wear a small at the Gap???

When you say thigh lift do u mean you were CUT on your thighs? or as with any LBL you had your thighs lifted as part of the normal procedure? I had that but still don't have full leg compression like you do, just mid thigh..... interesting this whole PS thing how everyone is SO different in recovery and doc preferences.. seems to be NO rhyme or reason for ANYTHING doesn't it? amazes me.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

bradshaw0506
on 5/15/09 11:14 pm - Chicago, IL

Yeah I had my thighs lifted as in CUT.  The incision only goes about half way down though.

Last night I went to to bed with the smaller garment on and my legs propped up because they were really swollen.  This morning my back, abdomen and vajayjay are now swollen again from the fluid moving around.

Not sure what to do, take the smaller one off and put the bigger one on for comfort or just wait this out and hopefully it pushes the fluid out of my body.  For some reason I'm thinking it doesn't work as fast as I want it to.

I MY DS!!!

MelissaF
on 5/16/09 2:55 am - Northwood, IA
These girls on here keep talking about Bromelain.. that pineaplle stalk extract.  Have you talked to your doctor about it? Supposed to help with swelling.  You can also get some from fresh pineapple which I have been wizzing up in my shakes.  I bought a bunch precut, froze them and add them to my Gourmet Whey Pina Colada shake mix YUM! I use rum extract.. all I need as an umbrella now and a sandy beach ;o)  I am swelling more too and the scale reflects a 3-4 lbs... I hate it but I know I am not near as bad as some of you other gals, I can't imagine.  Keep me posted if you call your doc, I'd love to know what they say.  I worry about diuretics though.. b/c they waste potassium and other nutrients you need right now for healing and more than likely this is just the bodies natural defense mechanism trying to protect itself during the healing phase and it temporary.  While annoying very necessary and should hopefully shed off soon.. but probably go up and down up and down over hte course of a few months.. or so I have been told.  Hang in there.  Ouch on the legs cut, you poor thing, that sounds horribly painful and not one I don't think I will be doing.. or arms.... just afraid.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active