Seromas and such...

bradshaw0506
on 5/14/09 9:59 am - Chicago, IL
After doing some reading here I'm wondering if my lower abdomen is a seroma of sorts.  It's bouncy, almost sponge like but I can't tell if it's swelling or not.  I saw my surgeon today and he said he could fix the sponginess.  He said when he pulled the skin down there may have been some extra fat or something.  Um, I don't want another procedure!

The other issue I'm having is that my vajayjay is crooked.  It pulls off to the right side and the left hangs down further than the right.  It looks very lop-sided.  He says he can fix that in his office.  Um, how does that work?

2 things I'm not happy with and I'm now indifferent with my results.  I'm wearing EXTRA compression around my abdomen until next Tuesday but in the mean time I've noticed that my legs are really super swollen, but perhaps that has something to do with the drains being pulled today or the extra compression?  Or salt or not enough water?

I'm only 10 days post-op so I butter chill out, right?
DEBI R.
on 5/14/09 4:25 pm - CORSICANA, TX
Usually a seroma is hard like a knot, I had one after my hysterectomy and I just massaged it daily and it went away.

My mons is lop-sided too, it looks like he took more off of the right than he did the left unless it's just more swollen on that side but it's been 5 weeks so I doubt it. Good luck with everything. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

not_quite_Barbie
on 5/14/09 11:13 pm
I had my TT 3/30 and I notice a bit of sponginess too. I'm thinking it's just swelling but I go in for my 6 week checkup next Friday and will ask about it then.

I am interested in hearing what the do for the mons in the office. I was hoping my TT would pull it up and it did a little, but not much. I've still got lots of drooping.
5'4" start weight 233, current 122 lb.
RNY 9/07
TT/BA 3/09
LBL 4/10
bradshaw0506
on 5/15/09 12:07 am - Chicago, IL
So does that mean you still have sponginess at 6 weeks?

My doc said he might not have realized how much fat was under the skin which makes me not happy with him, but I'm not trying to put blame on anyone right now.

The more compression I put on my abdomen the more my legs swell.  argh!

I MY DS!!!

MelissaF
on 5/15/09 12:25 am - Northwood, IA
So far I do also, you can see it in my pics, is yours the same I would love to know.  I will see if you are a friend so u can view my pics, I would love to know if we are in the same boat and I am only 2.5 weeks out so maybe it will change?

My hairline is pulled up some as I can tell where my hair is growing is higher but my mons looks droopy still.  

GOod luck and let me know if we are in the same boat.. id really appreciate it!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

MelissaF
on 5/15/09 12:38 am - Northwood, IA
What sort of binder do you have?  Does it include compression down to the mid thigh? Like this?

www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do

That is mine and I think its helping b/c if you think about it.. as you stand fluid goes dependent meaning downward with gravity and will pool in the lower abdomen, mons and thighs.  I think this garment helps me with that.  I understand why it has to be so "fully bodice" now.  I love it actually.  Now that I am having some nerve ending pain it is sorta annoying but I am dealing.

Make sure you get "wife beater" t-shirts that fit, not too small, not too big to go under to avoid the scratchy sensation and eye hooks rubbing, all in all its a good garment if you go to this.  Might ask your surgeon? it's worth every penny in my book.  I have two and launder one as I wear the other.

As far as a seroma, the only thing i was told is that if you tap the area and it "waves" like a waterbed would.. u need a needle aspiration and they say its painless as the neelde is tiny.  This may have to be repeated a couple times and not uncommon at all.  I have a small amt he said but nothing to warrent aspiration just yet, so I am keeping an eye on it.

Good luck!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

bradshaw0506
on 5/15/09 8:21 am - Chicago, IL
Mine looks like this one except it comes down to my calves.  That 3 inch elastic band at the top pushes all the swelling down into my abdomen and it pushes on my back which is severely swollen as well.  Funny how the band is tight but the garment itself isn't especially on my belly.  I tried folding the band over on top of the puffy part of my belly but the next thing you know my vajayjay is super swollen and my legs look like sausages.

http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do?id=10209&procid=37& catid=489

I need to cut way back on the salt and drink more water...I guess.

I MY DS!!!

MelissaF
on 5/15/09 10:36 am - Northwood, IA
Maybe part of the problem is that they started you with a stage 2 garment instead of 1 which provides MORE compression... ya think?
Hugs, Melissa 

MelissaF
on 5/15/09 12:32 pm - Northwood, IA
AHH! Well at least it is a stage one garment for maximum compression that is good.  Wonder why its tight in the band but not in the lower tummy area? Hmmmm.  I am surprised you have full legs if you didn't have a thigh lift.. I bet you are feeling a bit constricted and confined with that aren't you..

I am swelling more these days I feel.  The scale reflects it and I feel it too. I think I might be PMSing as well... just kinda having a couple blah days between that and the zingers with the nerve ending pain waking up.. have you had that yet??? ugh, not liking it here..
Hugs, Melissa 

Most Active