No one had Breast Reduction after WLS??

LngRedRose
on 5/14/09 12:46 am
Seriously... only a couple of people?  I guess most people lost their sisters when they had the WLS.  I didn't and I would love to hear from folks that are in my shoes... anyone???  (Thanks for the few that responded.  Just shocked that there are not more out there).

Hugs, Karen R. (Mom to TWELVE incredible kids)
Louisiana 

Sharon S.
on 5/14/09 2:02 am - Redding, CA
I had breast reduction (and lift) surgery on February 13.  The "girls" were deflated after losing all that weight (165 lbs.), but they hung down past my waist!  It wasn't pretty.  After having big boobs most of my life, I had no interest in having augmentation.  They are little now, and I love them.  My back and shoulders don't hurt, and I went swim suit shopping last night and they look great in a swim suit!  Best thing ever (and a very easy surgery to recover from, too!!). 
LngRedRose
on 5/14/09 2:34 am

Feb 13th of this year?   What was your recovery period?

Thanks soooo much!

Hugs, Karen R. (Mom to TWELVE incredible kids)
Louisiana 

Sharon S.
on 5/14/09 2:48 am - Redding, CA
Yep, this year.  I took 1 week off of work, and felt great after I returned.  Really, there was next to no pain in the recovery.  I had a LBL on March 23 - for that I took 3 weeks off of work - and there was definitely a lot more pain involved in that one!  But the breast reduction was a breeze!
Kelly V.
on 5/14/09 3:40 am - Galion, OH
I had a BL when I had my total body lift.   I was out of work for about 1.5 weeks but I work from home so it is a bit easier for me.   I love them!!!  It was a wonderful feeling not to put on a bra and not have shoulder and back pain.
dec721
on 5/14/09 3:57 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
I had a breast reduction six years ago, after I had lost a bunch of weight by dieting.  (Gained it all back again, naturally!)  I wouldn't trade it for anything, even though the girls have completely deflated since WLS and look like my li'l mamma's did when she was about 70, HA!  It was an easy surgery, easy recovery.  Just had a little trouble with one place right underneath one breast that didn't want to heal, but it was okay in a couple of weeks.  Very uneventful.  The thing I remember was the tummy tuck I had at the same time and the excrutiating pain the first day or two from the muscle-tightening ... which I also wouldn't trade for anything!  Even as I was lying there in bed, trying to get up to go to the bathroom and about to die from the agony, I said to myself, "I wouldn't wish that big ol' hanging belly back for anything!"  It is all worth it!
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Most Active