Brach. Swelling?

Mary Ellen S.
on 5/13/09 10:04 am - East Central, IL
I had my brachio last Wed along with a TT and I have not been in pain at all.  The worse part is really just being at the mercy of my family and having to basically do a lot of sitting around.  I also had swelling in both of my hands that was uncomfortable until I decided to wrap them in ice (actually I used frozen blueberries) which worked like a charm!  20 minutes on and 40 minutes off.  I did this about 4 times yesterday and once today and my hands are back to their normal size.  It felt really good too!!  I just had my daughter wrap the ace on my hand one layer than add the bag of blueberries and tie them on with the rest of the ace and it worked perfectly!  My sleeves are really tight but this is what I have so I am using it.  I look forward to the time of day where my hubby gives me a shower just to get the darn things off for a few minutes!  

M.E.

sel
on 5/13/09 10:12 am - colchester, CT

I had Brachioplasty done in March. I had ace wraps for just about 4 days and doctor told me to take them off. Keeping arms elevated as much as possible helped with swelling and after I stopped using the ace wraps I had very little swelling. My pain was minimal, more tighteness and stiffness, was driving in a week and do most all my normal activities except ones involved with lifting heavy things or reaching to high. Also doctor had me massage arms from wrists upward to help with swelling.

Sher

doreenh
on 5/13/09 8:50 pm - Meredith, NH

I'm hoping it's not too long, I took off the garment yesterday for my first shower! I replaced with ace bandages since hubby wasn't home to help dress me.  The swelling was much better after the ace, but I really dont think I wrapped them tight enough and they kept falling off.   Had hubby help put garments back on last night and showed him the new arms first thing he says "my god they're so little, they match the rest of you"  Boy, I love that man!

Most Active