2 week postop LBL photos posted!

MelissaF
on 5/12/09 7:49 am, edited 5/12/09 7:50 am - Northwood, IA
I also included a photo with the Newgel silicone strips my doc loves.. I like them too.  I wanted everyone to see what they looked like.

Let me know what you think in comparison to last week.. i see some changes but it hard to see some.  I am still swollen he says.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Pat Rice
on 5/12/09 9:12 am - Northern, NJ
Hi Melissa,

I am contemplating a LBL and have many reservations. I tried to access photos with no success. It is so generous to share them with us. How are you feeling? At this early stage of recovery, do you have any regrets? Hugs and thanks, Pat
HUGS, PAT  
RNY 8/26/05 preop 226.2 lowest 132.7
LBL,TT,MASTOPEXY 6/17/09 preop 141.7 removed 7 lbs current 131.5 7/14/09
MelissaF
on 5/12/09 9:34 am - Northwood, IA
Hi Pat, I will add you as a friend.  

I feel GREAT! I have had no complications (knock on wood).  I have ABSOLUTELY ZERO regrets! NONE NADA!!!! :o)~
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

Pat Rice
on 5/13/09 2:54 am - Northern, NJ
Hi Melissa,
I am a little new at this and cannot access photos. Says they are not available for public viewing.
The more I read about you, the more  I wish I lived in IA. You are so very inspirational. I crave to have support group like you are involved with. Four years post op and the challenges never stop.
Hugs, Pat
HUGS, PAT  
RNY 8/26/05 preop 226.2 lowest 132.7
LBL,TT,MASTOPEXY 6/17/09 preop 141.7 removed 7 lbs current 131.5 7/14/09
MelissaF
on 5/13/09 3:04 am - Northwood, IA
Hi Pat - you just have to accept my friendship request.  I have requested that you be my friend.  Go under My OH and then friends.. and accept it - or it should be in your email as a waiting for you also.  Then you can view it.

I do have a lot of support around me in may facets I am very blessed.  My husband had the surgery 8 years ago also, so I live with an RNY patient.  It is very helpful.  Have you looked around in your area? Are there groups for you nearby?

I am glad you are on OH though... its a great wealth of info and support even if it is online.  
Hugs, Melissa 

bamagirlee
on 5/12/09 10:06 am - Phenix City, AL
WOW! Simply amazing results! I was impressed when I looked at the after pics, but then I went and looked at the before pics and OMG....your Dr did an AMAZING job on you! Your scars look great, and you are now one petite little lady now! 
Compared to the before pics, I do agree that your thighs are swollen some, but even at that they do not look bad at all.
I'm going to ask my Dr about the strips. Do they help fade the scars or just hold the incision together?

You asked in another post how I got my TT covered....I have no idea at all other than a lot of prayer and documentation. I do have excellent insurance. At my consult when the Dr found out the insurance I had he did say there was a good possibility it would be approved. The approval for both the panniculectomy & TT came 4 days after the request was received. I'm so excited, June 10th seems like it's forever! LOL Actually I've needed this time to prepare, research and get mentally prepared for such a drastic change in my body. Honestly, I have not see anyone on here who panni is a big as mine. I will post pics later on once I've had the surgery. In addition to the skin, I have a lot of fat there too. I can't wait to see how much weight will be removed. The Dr estimated 15 lbs. Wooo Hooo :)

Thanks so much for sharing your journey!!    
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

MelissaF
on 5/12/09 10:51 am - Northwood, IA
Yeah, I had quite the skin going on.. I still wore size 4 pants even with all that skin, can you believe that?  Amazing. 

The silicone strips smooth, flatten and minimize scaring.  It can even be used on older scars but its great for fresh postop incisions also. They do not hold the incision together at all, all of my sutures are internal, 3 layers of them!  Some are permanent others are dissolvable depending on the layer.  The strips are nice b/c it gives you some barrier between your incision and the garment u wear, I like that.  

That is simply amazing on the TT approval, you are LUCKY! Be thankful lol.  It happens very seldom that I have seen both on here and at my actual support grp.  I can't wait to see your pics!!

I am sure they will remove a lot and that is exciting.  I also have lost beyond what was removed so my body has been jumped started in losing mode again apparently.. weird.  I am sure some of it is my excess muscle that I had built up starting to go down but then again they say it doesn't go away that quickly so who knows.  I am eating plenty and getting my protein in.  Nice thing is, with a binder, u have NO desire to overstuff yourself LOL.. there is NO room. LOL

Hugs and good luck!
Hugs, Melissa 

victoria R.
on 5/12/09 10:45 am - goose creek, SC
Melissa you look great!  Thanks for posting the pics & sharing your story with us:)  I'm going to take the plunge one day.

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

MelissaF
on 5/12/09 10:47 am - Northwood, IA
Thank you!  Being transparent in this journey isn't easy but I also know its necessary in order for others to know exactly what to expect.  I want people to really undrstand what it is all about as much as possible.  Thanks for looking!!!
Hugs, Melissa 

jakes_mom03
on 5/12/09 1:19 pm - Canada
You look AMAZING!!!!  I am a Michelle wannabe!  I am in awe of you!  Now I want those srtips!
Shelley

Most Active