Panni removal and insurance question

pinky0624
on 5/13/09 5:18 am - Damariscotta, ME
Has anyone gotten their panni removal approved by insurance without documenting rashes? I find clothes don't fit right and it's painful to run. I'm very uncomfortable naked if you know what I mean. I wonder if that's enought to get approval.

Lisa
Highest-232.5  Surgery Day 2/18/08 - 215  Today-197  Goal-150
Sadly gained after 2 years out!  Working hard to get it off! 
Goal 150 with tummy tuck and thigh lift to follow!

Ansampson
on 5/13/09 5:44 am
I'm sorry to say but my insurance company didn't approve mine's because I only had one rash. However, I'm going to pay for mine's out of pocket.
Renee H.
on 5/13/09 6:16 am - Bronx, NY
Highly unlikely.  Insurance usually will not cover plastic surgery for cosmetic reasons.  Their criteria usually states that IF they cover "reconstructive" surgery, the patient has to have documentation that surgery is medically necessary to improve a recurring, medical problem that is resistant to less invasive treatment.
Renee H. aka "Queen Nae"
RNY - 8/04 - Alfons Pomp - NYC
LBL - 4/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
Revision to anchor cut - 12/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
UBL w/brachio - 2/09 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC

MelissaF
on 5/13/09 6:40 am - Northwood, IA
Sending u a PM.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 5/13/09 6:48 am
Not me either - although, funny enough until I started researching getting plastics done, I had never had a rash - got one the week after my first consult!!

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

sel
on 5/13/09 10:20 am - colchester, CT

I got approved for my panni and did not have any rashes. Stats had lost about 200lbs and panni was below pubic area. Plastic surgeon submitted photos to insurance(gross, had to hold up pannus and also took side view photos).

Sher

pinky0624
on 5/13/09 10:11 pm - Damariscotta, ME
thanks everyone!!

Lisa
Highest-232.5  Surgery Day 2/18/08 - 215  Today-197  Goal-150
Sadly gained after 2 years out!  Working hard to get it off! 
Goal 150 with tummy tuck and thigh lift to follow!

gypsywoman6789
on 5/13/09 10:40 pm - Hudson, NH
Although as part of my panni removal I did document rashes.  The documentation basically consisted of me saying I was getting rashes and the fact that my PCP had prescribed Nystatin powder for my rashes.  The insurance company also wanted the pannus to hang to a certain level and interfere with my daily activities.

So I told them it was hard to exercise because it interferred with moving and I couldn't run because it was painful if it was bouncing around.  That the weight of it was bothering my back etc.

Don't rule out insurnace covering it, just have your PS submit everything and keep your fingers crossed.

Good luck.
Most Active