Anyone insurance pay for thighplasty?

Lisa A.
on 5/12/09 10:46 am, edited 5/12/09 10:47 am
I saw my weight loss surgeon  today and we were talking inner thighplasty with my legs and said  well with the rash I get from the crease  and excess skin we can try to get the insurence to pay for it. Will take pics of the rash of inner thighs. I had a tummy tuck paid by insurence for my rash under the pannis and they paid for it, I am curious if anyone had it covered by their insurance and if not how much was the cost of thigh plasty?  Also how much pain could I expect and  how much can u expect to be down from heavy physcial labor? Thanks everyone for your advice. I am planning to go to paramedic school in fall  so timing is a issue, How bad is the scar?
Thanks
Lisa
cleos_mom
on 5/12/09 12:52 pm - phila., PA
hi Lisa, I just had inner thigh done, I paid for it Surgeons fee was 3500.00 & anesthesia & Hospital but then I had back lift and butt lift with it and that was additional all together for all that & the facility & anesthesia it cost me 8800.00.
The pain for the first 3 days was a little rough. I needed a raised toilet seat when I came home I owuld say downtime is about 2 weeks  if your job is really physical then I would say 4 to 6 weeks out. I finally feel like myself after 6 weeks and my legs look beautiful. I couldn't drive for 8 days.
check out my pix, my PS cuts from knee to crotch . he doesn;t cut in the groin or make the V on the leg cause he says there are better reults cutting from the knee up.my incision is remarkable but y PS doesn't use staples find out if your Dr. is gonna use staples that is more painful
Lisa A.
on 5/13/09 1:15 am

I was wondering how much u will scar with the line down your knee? I had one plastic surgeon say he would do a wege cut and take it in the crease/crotch  and then my weight loss surgeon would go down the leg. I hate the idea  of having line down my leg. I mean I was told I could go either way but crease cut could not heal right and also more dangerious than just doing the line down the leg, less pain more pain with the crease/crotch I really can't find much on thighplasty on net . I worry for scaring due to I have olive skin. Thanks for replying
Lisa

cleos_mom
on 5/13/09 3:20 am - phila., PA
Hi Lisa
my incision is already getting lighter and I had other incisions on my legs that healed fine . I also have olive skin. my surgeon likes to do it down the leg because he said that you get better results because you are taking the skin out all the way down the leg the other way in the groin
crease/crotch gravity will pull it down .
I had this done with my butt and back lift & I had no problems from them at all but I had discomfort with my thighs for the first few days. I even needed help to put my pants on, I couldn't bend overbecause of the back & butt lift so maybe if you just have the thighs you should have no problem..
I am so pleased with my incision because it is down my leg on the inside when I stand facing forward you can't even see it.
after my surgery I got up & walked as mush as I could it hurt to walk but each time I got up it was easier, I said that every hour it felt better. jus****ch your pain meds cause to many narcotics can make you woozy and tired feeling. I took tylenol for the pain the first few days and then as I got more mobile I didn't have to take it. With all the surgeries you have been thru these last 6 months you will be fine,
Susan
happy girl
on 5/12/09 1:08 pm
Insurance covered my thigh lift.  I have a scar just in the crease of my legs and it goes right through my legs as well.  I don't have the incision down my leg.

The recovery for me, has been awful - I am not sure how you deal with surgeries so you might be ok, but it's been rough for me.  I did have the TT at the same time, so I bet that made it worse.  Got my 3rd and last drain out today, so I am hoping things improve.

Good luck!

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

Lisa A.
on 5/13/09 12:54 am
Thanks for responding I was wondering how u got insurence to cover the prodcedure under what criteria? I also am confused how they did your incison do u have pic u r willing to share?
Thanks so much
Lisa
happy girl
on 5/13/09 1:12 pm
Lisa, if you are on my friends list, you can see my photos.  I will try and add a photo or 2 specifically of the leg incision.

I know Susan = cleos_mom said why her PS prefers the down the leg incision, my PS is basically the opposite of that, as well, I didn't really have a lot to remove, only in my upper thigh, so it made no sense to go down the leg.

I think there are many things for you to consider, and how much skin to remove is one of them.

My PS took only half a pound of each leg and 7 from my stomach, so I don't think my legs were that bad.

good luck

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

Most Active