Odd Question: Anyone ever feel claustrophobic after TT or LBL?

zappre
on 5/12/09 3:50 am
I know it's a wierd question but I'm a wierd person.  Seems the only nagging fear I have about my upcoming LBL is that he'll remove so much skin that I'll feel trapped in this tight shell and have no recourse cause like a suit, you can always cut down a too big suit, but can't enlarge it.  This is not consuming me or anything, it's just a nagging side thought.  And i know all too well that skin stretches so it it's too tight, it'll fix itself, though how long that takes I don't know.  Any thoughts on odd contemplation?

HW-373 / SW-352 / CW-160 / GW-185                     

Lisey
on 5/12/09 4:20 am, edited 5/12/09 4:23 am - Milwaukee suburb, WI
I think you just have to rationalize with yourself.  It sounds like you already know that the possibility of too tight skin is, at best, remote.  You probably already know also that you likely will feel that way until most of the swelling subsides.  I had an open DS & that's how my stomach area around the incision felt - tight.  Even if it should feel a little tight (doubtful) in the long-run, time will make certain to loosen it for you again.

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

Renee H.
on 5/12/09 4:31 am - Bronx, NY
You'll be fine.  Yes, the swelling caused by PS does make the skin feel tight - this is true, but not so much that you will freak out or anything.  Just another side affect of PS that we have to contend with. 
Renee H. aka "Queen Nae"
RNY - 8/04 - Alfons Pomp - NYC
LBL - 4/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
Revision to anchor cut - 12/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
UBL w/brachio - 2/09 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC

Kathie L.
on 5/12/09 5:00 am - Castaic, CA
Hi Zappre,

Before I try to answer your question, a BIG CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss. You look amazing and it's great seeing a man post! You're an inspiration to all men ... I wish my two sons would both follow your route.

I have had 2 surgeries - 11/08 upper body lift and 3/09 lower body lift. Yes, your skin will feel tight, but it's not bad; just different. The first time I showered after the top half was done it felt like I was taking a shower with my clothes on....no jiggly stuff hanging down. I don't really remember that feeling with my lower part possibly because I was more prepared for that plus I had all of those drain tubes to contend with while showering. Now 7.5 weeks later I don't feel that tightness around my hips and belly area maybe because I wore a compression garment for 6 weeks (very restrictrive) and to not be wearing it now just feels wonderful. While I'm lying down in bed it's still very strange when I'm on my side to not have this loose skin from the belly area hanging down in front. In fact, my husband still asks me if I'm wearing my compression garment since everything he feels with him arms around me is so tight! It's wonderful and in 10 days you're going to feel so happy that your surgery is behind you and concentrate on your recovery. P.S. I lost 11 lbs. of skin during my LBL and donated it to a good cause!
California Kathie
RNY - 10/07
Rt. Hip Replacement - 4/08
Upper Body Lift - 11/08 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Lower Body Lift - 3/09 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
RosieHawk
on 5/12/09 5:48 am - Ottawa, Canada
Well I found my skin super tight after surgery!!!!  I was able to stand but sometimes it felt like my skin was burning it was so tight...this lasted easily 8 weeks. 

HW 290/ SW 250/ GW 140-145/ LW 120/ CW 168

REACHED GOAL IN 8 MONTHS WITH MY DS!!!
FEB.22/ 08>> DS & JAN.23/ 09>> Breast Lift, Fleur de lis abdominoplasty, hernia repair
NOTE: My weight crept back up over the last 2.5 years, but I'm gonna stop that shit NOW!

joychaser
on 5/12/09 6:00 am - MI
It is great to see a guy posting, I would love to hear your weight loss perspective! Would love to know your story :) Anyhow...any tightness is well worth it! I currently have a tiny bit of tightness at my public line incision however that is it...

I am a 30 year old female and have lost 110 lbs! YAHOO way to go!
From 251 to 141 and LOVING every minute of it! From a size 18 to a size 6-8!
I can finally SPREAD my wings again!
MelissaF
on 5/12/09 8:04 am - Northwood, IA
Welcome to the PS board!!!

I am feeling tight after my LBL but in a GOOD way, I love it!!!  For so long it felt so hanging and out there even when obese.. just no support.  I have support for the first time in my life.  Do not be afraid, this is a good thing!!!  Love seeing more testosertone on the very estrogen dominated board!

WELCOME!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active