Insurance issue

luvinme4523
on 5/12/09 8:27 am - Mount Laurel, NJ
Hi OH Family!  I am so glad to be back....although it is 3 years later I am now so ready for my tt and I'm in the prelim stages.....I am wondering if anyone knows of any practices that accepts Medicaid insurance.  Doctors under Medicaid are so hard to find. Currently, I am a ft student and just can't afford the insurance I had at the time of Gastric, but I really need to have my TT now!  If anyone could give me some assistance that would be GR8! My other concern is that once I locate a Dr. I want to also make sure that I still recieve the best attention.....eventhough technically I am a Medicaid patient....I don't know OH that might just be my paranoia exaggerted in my head......Please, Please guys give me some feedback?Otherwise I'm going to lose my mind over here in the darkness
(deactivated member)
on 5/12/09 9:50 pm
luvinme4523
on 5/12/09 10:26 pm - Mount Laurel, NJ
Thanks Jodi! I appreciate your reply. Yeah I am definitely getting anxious! Yeah, this morning I'll be on the phone....Thanks again for your reply
Redhaired
on 5/13/09 12:44 am - Mouseville, FL
Medicaid is a state funded program and as such coverage varies from state to state.  I would suggest you contact your carrier to find out which plastic surgeons are in network.  They  should be able to tell you.  Then contact those surgeons to find out if they will accept Medicaid for the procedures you wish to have done.  You might also check to see if there are any resident training programs in your area.  Many times those programs are affiliated with publicly funded hospitals and may accept medicaid. But in the mean time you need to be seeing your PCP to document the medical issues the excess skin is causing.  It is a pretty safe bet that if you are covered at all there will be a requirement for medical necessity.  And one trip to the PCP for a rash probably will not do.  You will have to have documented the issues are on-going and resistent to less invasive treatment.

Red

Red

Renee H.
on 5/13/09 2:43 am - Bronx, NY
For questions about New Jersey Medicaid , call your local Medical Assistance Customer Center or toll-free at 1-800-356-1561.

Visit this site for more info on New Jersey Medicaid:  http://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/dmahs/dhsmed.html

Also try:

PLASTIC SURG & REHAB MED ASOC 12 MORAINE ROAD   EDISON , NJ, 088200000 County: Middlesex Phone: 732-548-4559

SAMRA PLASTIC/RECON SURG 733 N.BEERS ST   HOLMDEL , NJ, 077330000 County: Monmouth Phone: 732-739-2100

THE PLASTIC SURGERY CENTER 535 SYCAMORE AVENUE   SHREWSBURY , NJ, 077020000 County: Monmouth Phone: 732-741-0970
Or you can do your own search at:  https://www.njmmis.com/providerDirectory.aspx

Renee H. aka "Queen Nae"
RNY - 8/04 - Alfons Pomp - NYC
LBL - 4/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
Revision to anchor cut - 12/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
UBL w/brachio - 2/09 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC

luvinme4523
on 5/13/09 9:38 am - Mount Laurel, NJ
Gr8 Hook up....Thanks
Most Active