NEED ADVICE

ANGIE934
on 5/11/09 6:35 am, edited 5/11/09 8:59 am
HI, I HAD A ARM LIFT ON3/17. I DIDN'T KNOW AT THAT TIME I SHOULD HAVE ALSO LOOKED INTO HAVING A BREAST LIFT. KNOW MY ARM ARE  LOOK A LITTLE  BETTER, BUT MY BREAST LOOK SO UGLY I LOOK AT MY SELF AND GET SO DEPRESSED BECAUSE OF MY BREAST
 MY PROBLEM IS THAT I HAVE A APT. WITH MY SURGEON ON 5/22 TO TALK ABOUT IT. I AM  ALSO IS LEAVING FOR CALIFORNIA ON 6/17 I WOULD LIKE TO GET IT DONE BEFORE I GO. I HAVE GOOD INSURANCE. MY INSURANCE COMPANY ONLY TAKE ABOUT A WEEK OR 2  FOR APPROVEL.WILL THAT MESS UP  MY TRIP HAVING BREAST  SURGERY MAYBE 3 WEEKS BEFORE I GO?  IT IS SO IMPORTANT TO ME BECAUSE I AM GOING TO SEE MY SISTER AND HER KIDS THAT ARE IN THEY LATE 20 & EARLY 30'S AND HAVE NEVER SEEN ME SMALL. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THE BIG FAT AUNT SO I WOULD LIKE TO GO AND SURPRISE THEM WITH MY NEW LOOK.BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I HAVE CRIED OVER THIS.
sel
on 5/11/09 10:10 am - colchester, CT

I wouldn't worry about rushing into have BL before your trip. Your family won't see your breasts, unless you let them. Wear a good supportive bra, go on your trip and enjoy your visit then come back a have your other surgery. They will be amazed at seeing their new slim aunt just the way you are.

Sher

MyQnA
on 5/11/09 6:24 pm
I would not rush surgery for a family meeting.  If you have good under garments on it can really look like you have had plastics.  I speak from experience.  I went home to see my family in America on April 9th.  When I knew full well I wasn't happy with my appearance and could have rushed into surgery before hand.  Instead I had it the day after I came back and was able to enjoy them all pain free.  My nieces and nephews are preteens or teenagers and I feel all the need to keep up with them so, I think it was wise that I waited.  Please put yourself first but, if that means postponing your trip so you have the proper time to heal then do that but do not RUSH your surgery.

~Maxine

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

Renee H.
on 5/12/09 5:06 am - Bronx, NY

It's not that we don't understand how you feel because I know I do.  It's hard to get one part of your body worked on without having another part look worse by comparison.  I think we have all gone through some measure of this.  However, reconstructive surgery is not something to be taken lightly and even though we all have vanity issues, I would not rush anything if I were you.  Would I consider it?  Of course I would if I was that unhappy about a part of my body.  But to ru**** just to go see your family is not a smart move in my opinion.  If you were talking about August or so, I'd say go for it.  But June 17th is scarcely a month away and that is so pushing it. 

Please remember safety over vanity when it comes to this plastic surgery business.  We all want to look good but we want to do it safely.  Good luck to you.

Renee H. aka "Queen Nae"
RNY - 8/04 - Alfons Pomp - NYC
LBL - 4/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
Revision to anchor cut - 12/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
UBL w/brachio - 2/09 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC

Most Active