Belly pain 3 months after panni removal

Heather M.
on 5/12/09 9:53 am - Wellington, Canada
Hey there!

I wanted to know if anyone else had this problem. I am calling my surgeon tomorrow to make an appointment but could take awhile.

I get a pain in my belly every now and then. Usually daily, around my belly button really. Almost like a pulled muscle. Doesn't hurt all the time but starts sometime throughout the day and then continues all day. If I lay down I can't feel it but sitting or standing it hurts. Gets warm (not hot) to the touch and very hard as well.

My panni was Feb 24th 2009. All has healed well.

Any ideas what this is?

R.I.P. Margaret Clifford Aug 12/54- June 24/09 You are truely missed and loved!

The rest of my life has begun!
Hw 313/SW 264/CW 135/GW 150

MelissaF
on 5/12/09 10:06 am - Northwood, IA
Hi Heather!

First I am sorry you are experiencing this discomfort.

I am glad you are following up with your surgeon as it does sound like you could have some infection or a seroma at minimum there.  Both are easily treated.. either antibiotics for infection or small needle aspiration of fluid if its just a seroma.  Again it could even be something else.  I am just a nurse but when you say hard and warm.. makes me curious to infection.

Good luck and glad you made the appointment.  Keep us posted!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 5/12/09 10:30 am
Hey there!  I had a panniculetomy last year and have constant pulling sensations in my belly - it's the way the scars ended up forming and healing.

BUT - check in with your doc - I had a sorta jacked up time last year - no telling WHAT my doc did that has me feeling this way - BUT the only way to fix it is to do a full TT.

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

MSHAMO
on 5/13/09 2:49 am, edited 5/13/09 2:52 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI

I felt like that before my TT, it turned out to be an umbilical hernia. It was a tugging feeling, not really pain, but not the warm part.  Good luck!!

High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Most Active