New Here. Breast Reduction Surgery. Questions..

LngRedRose
on 5/12/09 5:44 am

Hi.. .I am scheduled for breast reduction surgery on May 20th (a week from tomorrow).  I am scared to death.  Can anyone share their experience with me.  I am scheduled for a seminar for work on June 1-3 and the doc says I will be fine to go.  I am so worried.  That is 12 days post op.  Any opinions or thoughts on this? 

Thanks in advance! :-)

Hugs, Karen R. (Mom to TWELVE incredible kids)
Louisiana 

angel0501
on 5/12/09 5:59 am
NO reason to be scared!  My breast reduction surgery was completely without complication.. It was a mildly simple operation.. you should be in fine shape for your work seminar.. i went back to work exactly 1 week from the day of surgery.... you will be fine... and be so glad you did it!!  ;)
LngRedRose
on 5/12/09 6:03 am
Thanks for your response.  I am size 36 DD right now and I am going down to a C cup.   I am looking forward to no more back, neck and shoulder pain.   Thanks again...

Louisiana 

islander
on 5/12/09 8:39 am - Middletown, RI
Not nearly as bad as I expected.  I was 38F- now 36D.  Neck, shoulders- what a relief I felt the next a.m.!!

First few weeks were rough- hardness, swelling, itching & burning (esp. at night).  So you take your pain killers.  I didn't use any ice, but you might ask your surgeon what he thinks.

I am now ?12 wks. post-op.  Still some swelling.  Otherwise, no problems.  No painkillers.  My drain came out the first week.  Healed nicely, hardly any scars that I can see.  I actually asked my Dr. how the heck he put me back together!

Really, not all that bad (give yourself time to heal).  I look better & can exercise better.  Since I also had a tt., I had no exercise for 8 wks.  Not good- stiffened up.  I got in to see my chiropractor Mon. & all the neck, back pain that had accumulated is gone!  Sometimes I was aslo taking my Celebrex.   Hopefully all the latter will leave now that I can actually move around.

Really, what choice do we have?  The pain, arthritis, etc. are just going to get worse- not better no matter what.  It's a good surgery, your recovery will move right along, and you'll feel so much better afterwards!  It was a good choice on my part & I'm sure that you'll feel the same.  As my Dr. said, he could not guarantee that all the pain would leave; but in all the years he'd been doing this surgery, NO ONE ever regretted it.  And I'm not going to be the first!

So remember- major surgery & some recovery time is needed!  Be nice to yourself & don't rush things.  Right now, I don't even have to wear a bra unless I choose to.  Yahoo!

Good luck!

LngRedRose
on 5/13/09 2:19 am

Islander,

Thanks so much for your reply.  I started to get nervous because of the lack of number of replies... LOL 

I will keep you all posted after surgery... again, I appreciate your response...

Louisiana 

Most Active