TT with or without BL???

CareNH
on 5/11/09 2:56 am - Derry, NH
Hi Rachel-
If you can afford it- I would definately do both.
I had a TT and BL on 4/8/09 and am in LOVE with my results.
I too am a mom and nursed 2 kids, and had a 36/38 DD L-O-N-G. Before surgery. (at one time I was a 44DDD)
My breasts are perky and in a place I do not EVER recall seeing them.
I agree with another poster- the breast pain was very minimal.
Now, I notice how saggy my arms are now that the tummy and breasts are "youthful"
I had 2 drains in my breasts for 24 hours and 2 drains in my TT for 2 weeks.
I have a pretty high pain tolerance, and only took my Percoset for about 5 days after surgery (I did not have any muscle tightening with the TT- I know that makes a HUGE difference with the pain)
I can honestly say- I never really had breast pain- just a feeling of pressure like I needed to "nurse"

Good luck with the decision!
Carolyn

Highest Weight- 306, BMI: 43.9
Current Weight- 168, BMI: 24.1
Goal Weight- 165,  BMI:  23.6

Renee H.
on 5/12/09 5:29 am - Bronx, NY

Lots of decisions, right?  Well, anytime you get one part of your body done, it does make the parts not done stand out a bit more.  We are more noticeable of how the family room looks after we get the kitchen remodeled, you know?  So yes, to be honest, there is a possibility that you may have wished you got the breasts done with the tummy.  A possibility.

But you know your own pocketbook and what you can and cannot afford.  If it's not a good time to go into debt now, then some things may have to wait.  If you can swing it now, there are times when having more than one procedure done at a time can be advantageous. 

Can't tell you what you will feel like after the fact.  No one can.  But should you chose to only go with the tummy, you can always revisit the breasts at another time.  If all you want is a lift, the recovery shouldn't be that big of a problem.

Everyone is different but I wanted to cover as much during one surgery as safely possible within my own limitations and budget.  I had the LBL whi*****luded tummy tuck, muscle repair, outer thigh lift and butt lift in one shot.  The UBL included a breast lift, axilla repair, back fat removal and brachioplasty.  No regrets.  But to each her reach, you know?  All the best in making the choice that is right for you.

Renee H. aka "Queen Nae"
RNY - 8/04 - Alfons Pomp - NYC
LBL - 4/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
Revision to anchor cut - 12/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
UBL w/brachio - 2/09 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC

Most Active