TT with or without BL???

Rachel1219
on 5/10/09 4:51 pm - IL
Hi, I was hoping for some advice.

I have a tummy tuck scheduled for July 9th.  Insurance is paying for the excess skin removal and the diastasis recti repair.  I'm paying out of pocket for the muscle tightening and lip for the full abdominoplasty.

I really want to do my breasts too and am thinking just a breast lift will suffice...however I have to pay out of pocket for that and I'm not sure I want to add that expsense at this time.

I currently am a floppy 36/38 D.  By floppy I mean having nursed 3 children and lost 75lbs.  There still is quite a bit of breast tissue, but a lot of sagging going on. 

Will I regret not doing the breasts after having the tummy tuck?  Will the sagging really stand out more afterwards? 

What if I decide to do the breasts at a later time, say in the next few years?  Will I still want to, after going through the tummy tuck recovery, and what type of recovery will it be later for just the breasts?

Okay, lots of questions.  I'm just not sure what to do.  If money were no object, I'd do the breast lift along with the tummy tuck....but I'm just not sure I want to get into that much debt right now.  But I also don't want to have to go through all the recovery all over again and have to pay even more at a later date.

Thanks,
Rachel
DEBI R.
on 5/10/09 6:53 pm, edited 5/10/09 6:55 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I just had a LBL and arms and I wish I would have had my breasts done too. I have very long/droopy breasts and they look/feel even worse now plus the side fat bothers me more too. I couldn't afford to have them done at the same time but I'm saving for them now.

If you can afford it I would definately consider it plus you will save having it done all at once at least on the hospital stay. 

For me my saggy breasts really stand out now that my stomach is flatter. Good luck with your surgery.
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Tanya L.
on 5/10/09 8:43 pm - Lewiston, ME
I have no advice on whether they will stand out more or not, but if they look fine in a bra, and you are worried about the expense now, maybe you should wait.  I just had a BL with small 270cc implant under the muscle on April 29th.  In a bra (and in clothes), my breasts look the same as they did before.  I was using the padded cupped bras before, so even though they were half full of nothing but saggy skin, they still looked the same size as they are now with the implant.

As for the recovery, it is different for everyone, but mine was VERY easy.  I had the surgery on a Wednesday, took 1 pill (was allowed 2 at a time) every 4 hours on Thursday and 1/2 of Friday.  Rest of Friday and Saturday I had tylenol only, and nothing from SUnday on.  The only part of me that was sore was my peck muscles from him putting the implant under there...the scars ...no pain.  So had I not had the implants it would have been even less painful.

But some others have pain for a much longer time and are sore to the touch, it really just depends I gues.  I prepared as best I could before surgery to help with healing.

If you are unsure at all, I would say wait---since you are concerned about the $.  You may be able to go a year or however long with them looking good in a bra while you save.

Maybe I think that because I am married and my hubby was fine with me at 313, then fine with me that boobs that hung to my belly button too.  So since no one knew what they looked like underneath but us, they were okay.  It was once I got down to be able to wear a medium top, or smaller dress size....but couldn't because the breast button holes puckered that made me take the plunge.  I didn't want to always wear bigger sizes and shirts with thick straps just to accomidate my boulder holder bras I had to wear.

17 of total pounds lost before surgery

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 5/10/09 9:07 pm
Hey there!  I am scheduled for a TT and BL on May 27th - and I faced the same $$ issue - I am sucking it up and borrowing from my mother in order to get the breast lift at the same time because I am determined this is the LAST time I am going under the knife. 

But - if you are willing to go back, save your piece of mind money wise and wait. 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

JoniKspring07
on 5/10/09 9:40 pm - onaway, MI
I had a tt and bl on 4/8.  The breast part was so easy. By far the least painful of the two.
I was lucky that the insurance paid for both.  If money is the issue then it is up to what you are comfortable with. 

Good Luck!!

Joni

Lisa A.
on 5/10/09 11:37 pm, edited 5/10/09 11:37 pm
Actually when I had the tt  I was told by my surgeon that my boobs would be alittle lower but actually my  sagging boobs did not sag as much after the TT and just a fill not a breast lift and saved me headache of them cutting me more, I had nursed 7 kids and lost over 135 lbs
But i did not have any breast left just skin
Good luck
Lisa
totalfreedom
on 5/10/09 11:39 pm - Northern CA
If you can afford, I would do it at the same time.  I had my breast lift at the same time of some very tough procedures.  the breast lift was very minor compared to the TTand LBL.  Your TT should over shadow any pain related to a BL.

As far a doing it later or not because of the TT experience.  Everyone is different, but I think you will be ready for another surgery if you really want to fix something.

good luck in your decision.  Do what you think is best.

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

gypsywoman6789
on 5/10/09 11:53 pm - Hudson, NH
I just had panni removal 5 weeks ago.  Was debating on having BL/BA done at same time.  My problem was that I wasn't sold on the BA part b/c I have plenty of breast tissue.  My husband (big surprise) thinks my boobs are so much smaller than before and is encouraging me to get a small implant.  I didn't want to get a lift only to realize that maybe I would go with a small BA and I've been told conflicting views on whether or not you should do a BA first then a lift, or a lift first then a BA, or do them at the same time vs. never do them at the same time so there were just too many unanswered questions for me so I just decided to wait.

However, that said, I would have loved to do them at the sametime if I had been at a place where I felt I could make an informed deciison if for no other reason than only having to recover once and it would have saved some $.

My boobs look pretty good in a bra but do have some wrinkling from extra skin that drives me a little crazy. 

Now that I'm post op the panni removal, I am really glad that I didn't have a BA because my boobs look a whole lot bigger now that my stomach is flatter.  I am a 36 D (large) small DD depending on the bra manufacturer and now they look like they project furhter since there is not this huge shelf of fat sitting underneath.
mommyto4kids
on 5/11/09 1:45 am
I wish so bad Id had my breasts done with my belly. Im almost a yr out and my boobs have bothered me the whole time. Im having a hard time talking my husband into letting me do my boobs. So if you can afford to- do it.           Brandi
malynn
on 5/11/09 2:34 am
If you can swing it financially then I would do both mainly from a recovery standpoint.  If you are going to be miserably swollen might as well have it all at the same time and then you won't have to go through it again later on.
Most Active