WHY?
WHY?
WHY?

WHY DO WE NEED THESE DARN GIRDLES!

SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME AS MANY REASONS AS YOU CAN THINK OF
I'M FIXIN TO USE MINE TO START A FIRE!

trip to laurie's

Kim Fiveash   
START: 270 /GOAL 150/  Lowest 129 /Current 140 (my new goal is 135 - half of 270=)

MelissaF
on 5/11/09 1:49 pm, edited 5/11/09 1:49 pm - Northwood, IA
Hi girlie! Long time not talk! How are you!?!?!

The reason we need them is because it reduces swelling and helps with blood circulation and will give you the most optimal shape and overlook results wise postop.

I was so worried I would hate mine.  I feel SO naked and vulnerable and just "out there" without it.  I love mine. I can't imagine life without it at this point...

If you are tired of it and its bothering you make sure you have the right fit/size.  If so, well you will just have to endure for best results.  SO sorry its bothering you... hang in there sweetie.

You are so cute, I have always thought your smile is so wonderful!! Hope you are doing well!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

MyQnA
on 5/11/09 6:33 pm
Don't get that fire started yet.......I took mine off yesterday to wa**** and thank God I had another much more restrictive garment around.  My body didn't know what the hell to do go in or out or up or down.  Needless to say it is for our new bodies to learn the shape they should take as well as reduce swelling.  I will live in mine until the board of health comes and makes me take it off.

~Maxine

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

cbhjr98
on 5/11/09 9:27 pm
well as of yesterday i can officially "not HAVE to wear it". but boy did I get a lecture from my physical therapy person about it- here it goes (note: he speaks german so his english is a bit broken")

when they cut you across, they disconnect and separate all your lymph drainage system. your body's routes of getting rid of fluids and toxins (and thus swelling) is gone. If you dont rebuild that system, your body will hold onto the fluids forever and you wont heal right. So you massage it to help the system reconnect and rebuild the routes then you HAVE to wear the compression garmets because until that system is back in place and routing the fluids right, you need the EXTERNAL compression to act as your lymph system until yours works right. With the external compression on your skin, the fluids will be helped to flush out and you won't swell as bad.

OK - I did go pee four times after his therapy and my swelling was way down - (note: this is a new therapist, not the wack one i tried a couple weeks ago) - so hmm... I think I'll give his method a shot although my body suit is like a prison to me too!.

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
MelissaF
on 5/12/09 2:14 am - Northwood, IA
AWESOME INFO!!!! Thanks for sharing!! Love it.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Kim Meeks
on 5/12/09 7:37 am - lubbock, TX
that all sounds really reasonable
thanks for explaining it to me

i have a couple of questions

1.  what procedure did you have done recently?
2.  why do you have a physical therapist?
3. why did it make you pee?

thanks so much for your input

trip to laurie's

Kim Fiveash   
START: 270 /GOAL 150/  Lowest 129 /Current 140 (my new goal is 135 - half of 270=)

cbhjr98
on 5/12/09 6:42 pm
I had a lower body lift (no muscle tightening on the stomach) with the thigh lift (cut to the knees), and lipo on the thighs and calves.  I had the procedure done here in germany and they are the people who came up with the concept of manual lymph drainage to help with swelling and fluid retention, etc. Now there are those that know how to do it - and it helps - and those that dont (I had one of those) that it wont do anything for you and you'll walk out feeling like they were a kook. If they know how to do it, you pee a lot - lol.  MLD is starting to catch on in the states, but it's more of a fad there I think.  Here, every physical therapist must be certified in it as part of his practice.

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
Kim Meeks
on 5/13/09 8:29 am - lubbock, TX
that's interesting
i do know a therapist who specializes in it
she is a massage therapist and patients have to pay private pay cuz it is not covered by insurance - or at least she is not a provider - we do have a lymphedema clinic here in town
i dont know how good they do but, they are connected with the cancer center here

trip to laurie's

Kim Fiveash   

Kelly V.
on 5/11/09 10:12 pm - Galion, OH

Not all surgeons believe in compression garments.   I couldn't really tell when I didn't have mine on if I became more swollen.  It does add a comfort.   I have switched to flexees (like a spanx but cheaper) and I like having them on.   Even though I am almost 9 weeks out it gives me a sense of comfort.

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/09 11:00 pm
VSG on 04/06/09 with
How long are compression garments usually worn?

Does it depend on the procedure?
Most Active