Post op plastic surgery questions

krlynn
on 5/11/09 10:35 am - Cameron , NC
I am 8 months post op I've lost 122lbs I have A LOT of excess skin and dont know what the "norm" is for having plastic surgery. I mentally have issues with the excess skin it just messes with my self esteem. I am going to be moving in August so I am trying to figure out what my next step should be. I do work out to tone up 5 days a week.

MyQnA
on 5/11/09 6:36 pm
I think you are on the right path.  I know some people who have waited more than 4 or 5 years to have plastics and others who were barely a year.  It is a personal choice that you should review with your surgeon.  I waited until I thought I was as close to the ideal weight for my body type.  I didn't think i should lose anymore weight and I was even advised by the surgeon who  performed the surgery that it would be in my best interest not to lose anymore weight.

Working out is the best thing you can do for yourself.  Not to mention it will make your recovery from any surgery that much easier.  So there is my two cents good luck!

~Maxine

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

Kelly V.
on 5/11/09 10:25 pm - Galion, OH

I am 9 years out.  For the last 7 years I have researched and researched plastic surgeons.    I had over 18lbs of skin removed as I lost close to 260lbs.   18lbs is a lot of skin as skin doesn't weigh to much.  There is so much modern technology now that it is making surgery easier and easier.   I wished I would have done this much earlier but didn't really get the warm fuzzy feeling until recently.   Once I met a surgeon and felt ok with the time he took and the answers I went for it.

My recovery time was easier but I run and lift weights on a daily basis.  I stick to a lower carb eating plan and I think having a strong core is what helped.  I had a total body lift with minimal pain.  I was up and moving around within days without any issues. 

Good Luck!!

luvinme4523
on 5/12/09 8:34 am - Mount Laurel, NJ
I truly understand how the extra skin makes you feel, but I am 3 years out of surgery and I am just starting the process for skin removal.  I believe if you're at the goal weight then you should be fine.    It seems like the more I work out the more I get frustrated with my stomach area. Good luck in your process
krlynn
on 5/12/09 9:53 pm - Cameron , NC
Thanks for the input ladies. I do work out five days a week and it seems like no matter what I do these areas just dont want to tighten up. I know the muscle is what I need to tone so I am happy with that I just dont know what I want to do next. I guess I will wait until I move and get in with a surgeon there and go from there.

Most Active