Dr L or anyone else ~~opinions about my arms?

DEBI R.
on 5/11/09 6:45 pm - CORSICANA, TX
My scars are healing great, they're on the inside of my arms and have faded completely.

I'm just upset because I can't afford a revision and was hoping that they'd at least be the same size. I think my right arm is larger at the elbow than the left one is and I wasn't expecting them to jiggle after surgery.

I still have the tightness in my arms and it does burn/sting some at the elbows still too. Some of it could be swelling but I think this is how they are going to be. I guess I will just have to learn to live with them because I need/want a breast lift next.

Thanks, Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Renee H.
on 5/12/09 6:26 am - Bronx, NY

Arms seem to be the part that folks have a lot to say about.

I am not happy with shape of my arms either - and not the scars.  But I had a LOT of hanging skin and because the skin on the arm is thin and difficult to work with (most PS will confirm that), it sometimes makes it a challenge for them to form the tissue just right and keep the incision line smooth and in tact. My lower arm is not as tight now and the elbows are a little pudgy. 

My right arm opened up a few times so you know that incision is ugly.  Also, the swelling is so friggin annoying.  Since my scars are bad and there were a couple of openings, it appears that I qualify for a revision.  If insurance paid for your arm surgery, you may qualify as well.  You can check it out. 

Renee H. aka "Queen Nae"
RNY - 8/04 - Alfons Pomp - NYC
LBL - 4/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
Revision to anchor cut - 12/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
UBL w/brachio - 2/09 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC

DEBI R.
on 5/12/09 6:19 pm - CORSICANA, TX
Thanks Renee, It would be nice if insurance would pay for a  revision. I see the surgeon again in 3 months and will ask him then. I'm really happy with my scars they've faded nicely but it's the line/crease in both arms and the extra skin at the elbows that bother me.

Good luck with your revision I hope you have better luck with your healing this time.
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Most Active