Dr L or anyone else ~~opinions about my arms?

DEBI R.
on 5/11/09 5:00 am, edited 5/11/09 5:11 am - CORSICANA, TX
I had LBL and brachioplasty 4/8 and I'm not happy with my arms or stomach. I think the surgeon was too conservative and now I have a big buldge at the elbow of both arms and a line/crease on both arms.

When I voiced my concern to the surgeon at my 4 weeks checkup his advice was to start lifting weights right away to build my triceps and hold my stomach in until it burns to tighten my stomach muslces. I'm too scared to lift weights right now so I haven't started back at the gym yet. He didn't do any muscle tightening or lipo on my arms or stomach which I think it one of the problems, when I asked why he said I didn't need muscle tightening which is hard to believe since I was 395 lbs before WLS.

I'd like to get some honest opinions on what you think about the buldges and what I should do next.? I doubt I'll ever be able to afford a revision because I still need a breast lift, implants, side boobs, upper back and thigh lift.

If any of the plastic surgeons on this board would comment on my situation I'd appreciate it. The surgeon did say he took all he could, he took 15 lbs from my arms and  LBL.  Debi
IMG_1251.jpg image by tunie_2006 Here's a side pic of my right arm, see the buldge at the elbow?

IMG_1250.jpg iousl image by tunie_2006  A pic of my left arm from the front it's down by my side

IMG_1176-1.jpg image by tunie_2006 Here's a picture taken about 2 weeks after surgery

IMG_1243.jpg image by tunie_2006  See the buldge at the elbow?

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 5/11/09 5:47 am
no commentary from me - I understand what it's like to not be happy with results.

don't take his word for it - get another consult.  My butcher from last year said that there was no revision for me - MAYBE lipo... (wtf?) 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

DEBI R.
on 5/11/09 2:32 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I wish I could afford to have them done again but I can't,  I need other plastic surgery so I guess I'm stuck with these results.

Even if he agreed to do them again for free I can't afford the hospital and anesthesiologist costs again, the anesthesiologist was almost $4,000 alone.
Debi

I

minuature pinscher 

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/09 6:46 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Debi,
I can totally relate!  I have a bulge at my elbow and firmly believe the surgeon I used is too conservative.   One major reason I started looking for another surgeon to do my lower body work.
I have pictures posted of my arms on my profile if you want to compare them to yours....

I did mention to my surgeon about a revision in the future.
It is my understanding that most if not all surgeons do not charge a penny for the revision but there are the hospital charges.
It is very frustrating though given all the expense, time and pain we go through to have to turn around and have it done again!

I think your arms are still swollen so they may look smaller in a couple weeks.  I know at 4 weeks mine were a lot more swollen then they are today at 6 weeks.

Good luck to us both!
Ruth

DEBI R.
on 5/11/09 2:36 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I hope you're right Ruth about the swelling, it would be awesome if that was it. I doubt he'll offer to do a revision for free but even if he does I wouldn't be able to afford the hospital and anethesiologist again. I'm wanting to get my breasts done still but it will take me along to save the money again because I had to take a loan out for some of this surgery.

Also if it is just swelling wouldn't my arms be tighter instead of loose and jiggly?

Thanks, Debi

minuature pinscher 

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/09 11:23 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
It's weird but as my swelling is going down I'm actually seeing the arms "tighten" up and be less jiggly......especially my Left Arm (not so much on the right one yet).

If I were you I'd definitely discuss the revision with the surgeon AND I'd ask him to do it when he does the breast to save you money on the hospital.  Of course that's if you are going back to the same guy.....don't blame you if you change surgeons!
DEBI R.
on 5/12/09 1:55 am - CORSICANA, TX
Not sure I'll use him again but I won't be able to have my breasts done for at least 2 years , I took a loan out for this surgery and I owe 22 more pmts which I doubt I'll be able to pay off any earlier than that.

minuature pinscher 

megameggs
on 5/11/09 9:19 am, edited 5/11/09 9:20 am - FL
Your incision looks really good! I see what you mean about the bulge... I have that ever so slightly too. I've scrutinized a lot of brachioplasty before/after pics and it seems like that elbow bulge is very difficult to avoid. I have no idea what your surgeon can do, but definitely ask him if he's able to fix it if you're not happy!
Vist my weblog at www.megameggs.wordpress.com

DEBI R.
on 5/11/09 2:39 pm - CORSICANA, TX

I did have very large arms so I'm sure it was difficult to do but I wasn't expecting them to still be so loose and jiggly.

Even if he offers to do a revision for free I can't afford the hospital and anethesiologist again so I'm stuck. I also want my breasts done so I'm trying to save for that but I still owe for this surgery because I took a loan out for some of it. I guess I was expecting perfection since I've never had it.

Debi

minuature pinscher 

BigV
on 5/11/09 4:10 pm, edited 5/11/09 4:17 pm - UK
I had quite large arms before my arm lift, althugh I think my issuse involved a bit more skin.

Anyway, I also have a bulge at the elbow - not as noticable as yours, but it is there for sure,  I have also seen     quite a few before and after pictures on the internet of arms, and it does seem to be a feature of the operation - I don't think getting them ultra tight first time  is easy at all.

I had a revision to remove some more skin from the upper arm area 13 days ago, my arms are now so tight that I can't yet comfortably lift them above waist height and I am starting to split the staples!  They are healing slower than anything else I have experienced so far.        So be careful what you wish for!!

Over all I think your results look great considering the size of your arm pre-op, and I don't see any scars either, so your body must scar well, be greatful for that. :-)
Most Active