Had Breast implants how long did it take for them to drop ?

Lisa A.
on 5/10/09 10:17 pm

I am almost 2 weeks out from my Breast Augmentation and one of the implants the left one my non dominate side  is dropping and the other is still very high  and has not  dropped at all. I look so lopsided and the one that has dropped looks better and better but the other side looks bigger and mishaped still I am wondering did anyone have a problem with one breast implant dropping slower than the other? I was told by my plastic surgeon that because I am right handed it will take longer for the right side to drop , I am worried that the right side has more saline than the other  Doc told me he filled both to 650cc and that is the reason why it is not dropping so fast, is that maybe he did not fill them both to 650cc I am thinking in back of my head my surgeon  filled me to much one side and that is why thenon dropped breast looks like a d cup and the one that had dropped looks like a c cup, The one that has dropped feels softer and more natural and the one still high feels harder and looks bigger, How long did it take you to drop and did one twin drop faster than the other? Do they look bigger tell they drop? I had 650 cc saline implants thanks everyone ahead of time  for sharing your  story.
Lisa

Susan S.
on 5/11/09 2:26 am - Roselle, NJ
I had silicone so can't comment on the saline - but it takes minimally 2 months of healing for things to settle at all - and they continue to settle for months and months.  If your surgeon said he filled both to 650 - he did - he had to chart what he did in the OR - don't know why you're second guessing that. The fact that the one that hasn't dropped as much feels harder etc. - suggests that you have more edema - might be developing more scar tissue inside - etc. - all of which is a potential outcome....and can improve with time.  You cannot judge your result at 2 weeks out - mine look lovely now - and they were scary at 2 weeks out.     Give it time - and don't assume your surgeon did something wrong.....Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

malynn
on 5/11/09 2:40 am
I had gel implants and mine did not drop at the same time.  In fact, i am right handed also and my right one dropped more than the left.  It will take weeks or months for them to drop completely.  Even up to a year out mine dropped more.  So, you just have to be patient and enjoy them being nice and high cause after they drop you will wish they were high and perky again.
Most Active