How long did you have TT drains?

Cindy C.
on 5/10/09 11:53 am
I had a TT, BL w/ Aug, and mini arm lift on 4/27.  I hoped to get my TT drains out on 5/8.  They are still draining the wrong color and too much.  How long did most of you have your drains?

Also, my drains are located in the pubic area.  My niece had a TT 2 years ago (she really didn't need it - doc took her money) and her drains were in her lower stomach.  Does the location of the drains have anyhting to do with the amount of skin removed and how low they have to cut?

Thanks for any input.  I'm totally clueless.

Cindy

Height 5' 1"   WLS on 12/05/07      Plastics on 04/27/09                                 

DEBI R.
on 5/10/09 7:22 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I had a LBL and brachioplasty and had 6 drains, 1 in each arm and 2 in my mons area and 1 in each hip. The drains in my arms came out on day 5 and the other 4 came out day 11. I'm not sure if the location has anything to do with how much skin is removed, I had 15 lbs removed.

Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

gypsywoman6789
on 5/10/09 11:37 pm - Hudson, NH
I had panni removal 5 weeks ago.  Had two drains that were basically placed in the crease where my thigh meets my torso, off to the sides of my pubic area.  I think different surgeons  place them differently depending on their preference and location of incisions.

My drains were out after 1 week but everyone is soooo different on this.  My Dr. had told me that 2 weeks was not uncommon but he doesn't like to see them in for longer than 3 weeks.  I've heard from others on here who had them for 5-6 weeks so it will just depend on how much output you are getting.  If you are doing too much, moving around too much this will increase your drainage, so take it easy as much as possible.

Hope you are able to have them removed soon.

Caroline
MelissaF
on 5/11/09 1:57 am - Northwood, IA
I really think we are all just so different Cindy...

Some of the things I do know that affect the amount of drainage is the fact of us being obese at one point in our lives will increase our drainage amt over the person who has never been obese.  Why this is? I have NOT a clue.  Maybe Dr L or Dr. Agha can clue us in on this one if they read this post.

As for where they are placed.. well I had 1 in each hip and 1 in each mons.  Mine could have all came out on day 5 but stayed in until post op day # 8 just in case.  Most of my doc's pts keep theirs in for 2 and up to 4 weeks depending on drainage and color etc.

I was lucky, I don't know how, and they can't explain it either.  I have very little swelling ****ep waiting for the foot to drop on that one!)

I had an LBL the day after you had your TT.

Good luck and hopefully you get those suckers out soon - u just feel so much better with them out and SO much more human.  They are just a pain.  I would say a pain in the fanny but for us its a pain in another area.  
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

malynn
on 5/11/09 2:25 am
I had TT on April 20th.  My drains were in my mons area.  I think it just depends on the doc as to the location of the drains.  My first drain was taken out on day 7 po and my second was taken out day 14 po.
MSHAMO
on 5/11/09 5:36 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI

When I had my extended TT w/hernia repair, I had 3 drains in the mons (pubic) area. 1 came out at 3 weeks and the other 2 came out at 4 weeks. Don't get too frustrated with your drains, they do have a job to do. I was afraid to have them out too soon, so I just went with the Dr.'s orders. Good luck, you really had a lot done.

High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Cindy C.
on 5/13/09 7:07 am
Sorry it took so long to get back to everyone.  I have a critically ill sister in the hospital and have tried to spend time there as much as possible.  On the other days I have just been too tired to get on the computer.

I appreciate all the input.  I'm feeling kinda depressed right now - sorry for myself I guess.  I was thinking the first few days or week would be really painful (they weren't) and then I would feel more normal.  Right now, I am tired of wearing baggy clothes and I feel soooo FAT.  I know I'm swollen and I guess I might as well deal with it. 

I'm going to try to spend more time on here.  I think it would really help.

Cindy

Height 5' 1"   WLS on 12/05/07      Plastics on 04/27/09                                 

Most Active