Severe Hip Pain post LBL

(deactivated member)
on 5/10/09 12:33 am - Los Angeles, CA
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has ever had serious hip pain post LBL. It's not external (i.e. the scares), but the hip BONE and therefore my right side that's killing me.

Is it my body telling me to slow down? Or is this normal?

Shira
Kathie L.
on 5/10/09 1:16 am - Castaic, CA
 Hi Shira,

I suffered with hip pain since before my RNY and had a total hip replacement 6 months after my RNY. Your pain probably isn't related to your LBL but you definitely want to get it checked out. My pain was severe and I had the hip replacement just over a year ago. Although I love every aspect of my weight loss journey, having the hip replacement got me out of chronic pain and I went from walking with a cane all of the time to hiking and walking daily without pain.

An x-ray will show you what's going on with your hip. Good luck!
California Kathie
RNY - 10/07
Rt. Hip Replacement - 4/08
Upper Body Lift - 11/08 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Lower Body Lift - 3/09 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
(deactivated member)
on 5/10/09 1:41 am - Los Angeles, CA
Thank you. I bugged my plastic surgeon ANYWAY, and he said to start some muscle relaxants.

Thing is...I leave on a plane for NY in 3 hours and have 8 days in which I need to be able to walk!

So I'll just pop some methocarbamol (it's what I got!), and hope it works!
Susan H.
on 5/10/09 4:42 am
I have had severe pain in my hip and legs since I had a lower body lift 2 years ago.  I was wondering if anyone else had this pain.  It feels like someone is pulling my skin down like pulling my pants down.  I am so sorry I had the surgery done.  Good luck to you.
Most Active