Breast lift - no augmentation - how long recovery? Are you happy with results?

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/12/09 12:03 am
Thanks a lot.  I am hoping for a C or D without augmantation. We will see.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Renee H.
on 5/12/09 4:56 am - Bronx, NY

I had a breast lift, no reduction, no implants along with my brachioplasty and back fat removal in February 2009.  Maybe because I had other stuff done but the breasts really didn't bother me much at all.  They were stiff and a bit sore at first and of course I had to treat them gingerly for a while but for the most part, I had more discomfort and tightness - rather than pain.  Recovery was really only a few weeks on the breasts alone.  If that was all that was done, I would have been able to do most things I believe within a few weeks.  It was the restrictions of the arms, the sides and the back that limited my movement and my abilities.  I guess when you have had multiple surgeries, you get used to certain things and even though NONE of the surgeries were a walk in the park, I think my breasts and my back gave me the least amont of problems.

Oh and yes, I am happy with having breasts IN THEIR NORMAL LOCATION again.   I had very pendulous breasts so I certainly do not miss that.  Implants make your breasts rounder and maybe a bit more youthful looking but I opted not to have implants.  I wanted my own breast tissue reserved as much as possible and nothing inserted.  It took a little bit to get used to no longer having big DDs but now I am a small D and I am adjusting to them pretty well.

Renee H. aka "Queen Nae"
RNY - 8/04 - Alfons Pomp - NYC
LBL - 4/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
Revision to anchor cut - 12/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
UBL w/brachio - 2/09 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/12/09 5:03 am
Thanks Rene. It will be good to not have them "hanging around" if you know what I mean..

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Renee H.
on 5/12/09 6:39 am - Bronx, NY
Boy do I ever.  Tired of waking up with them under my armpits!  LOL!
Renee H. aka "Queen Nae"
RNY - 8/04 - Alfons Pomp - NYC
LBL - 4/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
Revision to anchor cut - 12/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
UBL w/brachio - 2/09 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC

Redhaired
on 5/12/09 5:06 am - Mouseville, FL
I had a breast lift with no implants.  I am very happy with my results.  I ended up a 36C which I think is a good size for me.

Red

LngRedRose
on 5/12/09 7:12 am
Is your breast lift without reduction?

Hugs, Karen R. (Mom to TWELVE incredible kids)
Louisiana 

Jupiter6
on 5/12/09 9:55 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Glad to see you askin'-- I was a 48H and am now a 34D, but only because I roll the mothers up and cram 'em in.

I am not having augmentation. If I come out flat, I'll come out flat.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

janjan1
on 5/13/09 5:26 am - Armuchee, GA

I had a lift and arms done back in January. No implants. I feel great. I went from a 34/36 LONG to a nice perky 34 A/B. 16 year old boobs. I'm happy. Don;t have to wear a bra unless I want to. So these days I usually just wear a sports bra everywhere.
It's so nice not to worry about how long they are hanging. Use to look like long empty tube socks just hanging around. Very unattractive to be sure. I'll be 55 years young this August, and
Jan

Jan in GA

andreadoe
on 5/14/09 2:24 am - Newmarket, ON, Canada
Hi Hala,

So I guess today is your day. I hope all goes well. Please let me know how you're healing up. I'm having a Breast Reduction & TT in December. At the moment I'm a 34 F/G & hope to end up a 32 C. Like you, I'm not having the augmentation, so I'm very interested to see how happy you are with your surgery.

Again, I hope all goes well today. Please let us know as soon as you're able.

Take care,

Andrea

OH Certified Support Group Leader for the York Region/GTA Support Group.
ohcardsmandrea.jpg picture by lynnca1972

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/15/09 1:09 am

Thanks Andrea. I am slowly recovering. I have not seen them yet, but tonight - they are getting unwrapped.  I will let you know. 

Most Active