Breast lift - no augmentation - how long recovery? Are you happy with results?

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/11/09 7:58 am

Breast lift - no augmentation – how long recovery? Are you happy with results?

Did any of you had that done?  If so – how long was recovery?  Were you happy with the outcome? What would you change if you could?

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 5/11/09 7:59 am
I there!  I asked the same question a little over a week ago and thanks to the feedback, I decided on a lift only - scheduled for the 27th and I am looking forward to it.

Good luck to you!

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/11/09 8:13 am
Thanks. My  BL is 5/13 (2 days).  It is a bit too late for me to start asking questions - but I am glad I did. 
I looked upyour past post and like what I saw. Before RNY I was size 42- ddd++ (i was able to fit them in 3D because that was the size i could still buy in store) 
Now I can roll them into DD and part of me want to get them small (C) the other part would not mind D.  I used to be size C and though they were big...  (I have old bras in C's)
I would love to be able to wear "nothing" and my fiance is all for it (he is not a "breast man" )
Today with my doc - he suggested getting them even smaller... I think I will feel funny with smaller than C... but who knows... Not having the weight on my shoulders or my back....

Thanks for the note.  Good luck to you ...

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

islander
on 5/11/09 9:37 am - Middletown, RI
I had a br.  I was 38F and am now a 36D.  I don't actually have to wear a bra unless I want to.  The next morning after surgery, I could feel the weight relief off my neck & back.  Love it!

Mine was in Feb. & there still is still some swelling & stiffness, but not much.  It was difficult that first few weeks with hardness & swelling.  Also what I called the "itchy-burnies."  Drove me crazy at night until I used a pain-killer.  That is the nerves regenerating. 

I am 5'8, 164 lbs. & look great!  I also had a tt & the br is definitely easier.  Who knew?

Good luck.  Not to worry.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/11/09 9:40 am
Thanks a lot.  Good to know.  My total BL may happen at the end of this year (money and time permits).

sel
on 5/11/09 10:19 am - colchester, CT

I had Bl along with TTand hernia repair. The BL was uncomfortable for a while but not bad. Had autoaumentation with some tissue at the sides of breasts and also had my breast made symetrical since one side was larger than the other. Very happy with the results, was 48DD pre WLS surgery, 36C before BL and remained 36 C after. Recovery would have been quick if I only had BL.

Sher

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/11/09 1:07 pm
Thanks a lot.

Kelly V.
on 5/11/09 10:09 pm - Galion, OH

I had a breast lift at the same time as my total body lift and I am going back for an augmentation.   I am happy with my breasts as they are perky and round.  I am still a full C or small D but it seems like I am missing a little volume on the top.  So when I put on a bra it doesn't quite fit right.  I think that is because I am a cross between a c and d (kinda stuck in the middle).  I need like a nearly D cup =)

I am glad I didn't do the aug at the same time as the lift.  It is not crucial I have an augmentation but since I am having my arms revised I might as well have him slip them in.

Good Luck!

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/12/09 12:03 am
Thanks a lot.  I am hoping for a C or D without augmantation. We will see.  

sc62
on 5/11/09 11:03 pm - NJ
I had BL on 1/29.  I am happy with my results let's just say the "headlights" are not lighting the road below any longer!! LOL.  I am happy I did not have the implants done at the same time.  My surgeon actually suggested doing it in 2 stages.  That way he could reconstruct my breasts so that I could actually see what I had, plus it would give him a great starting point if I ever decided to have the implants put in.  Besides knowing what I know now with my breasts I think I would have gone much too large an implant size at the time of the BL surgery.  I have decided I want to have implants put in, not too large though.  The size I am going for is a full C cup.  I am between an A-B cup now, which actually is nice no lugging those hugh things around with me.  The reason I am going for an implant is like the other poster said,  I want some volume in my upper breasts.

Hope this helps.  Good luck to you.

Sandy

Most Active