Blessing or curse

Northstar
on 5/10/09 6:48 am - Struthers, OH
Hi all

Well this is the first spring in two tears that I am NOT recovering from a surgery.  Some times I think I am crazy too. 
First I thought "if I can lose the weight, I will be satisfied". But I was self concious about sagging crepe skin.  Then I thought " well a tummy tuck and breast lift will do it, I'll be good then". But I was self concious about my little muffin top and upper arms. so then I thought well breast augmentation and arm lift, that will be good, then I'l be perfect".  But muffin top and saggy thighs were nagging me for attention, so I thought  "Ok I'll just finish the lower body lift, I'll be great then". So I had the lower body lift completed. Then it was tha sagging inner thights, clothing didn't fight write, it looked really bad in a swimsuit, so I figured "inner thigh lift and flank lippo, Good to go then for sure". 
Well now it's th bulge on the back and outer sides of my thighs and the mons area(which by the way didn't even bother me one bit until now) that are causing me to fee so self concious.  I am working out and watching what I eat but I'm thinking "more lipo".  I may need to run away to Mexico.  My family is about through with me and these surgeries

Madeline
At last I have found freedom
TT/BL   4/14/07
BA/ Brachioplasty   11/22/07
LBL   4/21/08
Thigh Lift w/ lipo  11/17/08
Kelly V.
on 5/10/09 7:19 am - Galion, OH
I think we all go through this.  Sometimes we are our own worst critic.  I look at myself in the mirror and pick myself apart.  Nobody really understands this except for some of you here.   I am thankful for how I look now and thankful I have had surgery but I think there are some areas which need some touch ups.   I ask myself if I am looking for perfection?  No, I just want to be the best me I can possibly be.   I think if it makes you happy then go for it. 
MelissaF
on 5/10/09 9:19 am - Northwood, IA
I think they like to call this phenomenon... "once u do the drapes, then the carpet needs redoing or you remodel the kitchen and the living room needs to redone". 

I run a suppport grp and I have heard of people transfer addicting to plastic surgery.  We go from morbid obesity to wanting perfection.  A lot of it is in our heads some of it is the way our clothes fit etc.. but even you are recognizing that you are never satisfied.  Take a true look into why you are doing all these procedures and if your family is starting to get annoyed, be on the look out.  I think you might even wanna consider talking to a therapist (please do not hate me for saying this).  I have sought out therapy for myself when I felt like my coping mechanisms weren't in place the right way.  My husband had RNY 8 years ago and transferred to alcohol but beat it 2 years after that.  We are addicts and we like to transfer those addictions somehow now that we don't turn to food and plastic surgery *could* be yours... again I am just speaking from my own experiences and through many others as I am very involved in a bariatric world/community in real life.  

Take care and I am glad you posted about this today.  Looks like you are aware there is no end to this right now with the way you are viewing your own body.  I think you are beautiful.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

DEBI R.
on 5/10/09 7:33 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I feel the same way, especially after my LBL and brachioplasty. While I was still in the hospital all I could think of was getting my breasts and side fat, upper back fat and thighs done. Everything looks even worse now that I've had my arms and tummy done. I will never be  happy until I have everything done but doubt if I'll ever be able to afford it all. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Most Active