Anyone?

MelissaF
on 5/10/09 3:44 am, edited 5/10/09 3:46 am - Northwood, IA
I was removing my silicone strips today to wash and small part of steri strip came off - no big deal but then i noticed there is a very long.. i mean long like 6 inches of a dissolvable suture coming out of my incision above my mons at that incision line?  Maybe he left it like that for a tail for something? not sure, I see him tomorrow but found it weird.  I am leaving it alone obviously but just was curious.  It looks very much intentional considering how long it is.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

MyQnA
on 5/10/09 3:51 am
hey there, sounds odd....I was only thinking all the new skin I had to wash off was gross.  But if I saw a suture I think I would have thrown up...I have no guts for this...please update what the surgeon says!

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

MelissaF
on 5/10/09 3:53 am - Northwood, IA
Giggles you are cute.  I find this whole thing so fascinating as I am an RN... I was like... ooooh look at this!  I showed my husband and he did the same thing, turned up his nose and said WTH?  I was like... how weird but cool LOL.  I will ask tomorrow.. haha u are too cute.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

(deactivated member)
on 5/10/09 4:11 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Melissa,
Hmmmm sounds a bit odd but is probably not a problem.  Maybe the surgeon or whomever stitched you up just forgot to cut the end close to the "seam".....I did that just the other day with a dress I was taking in......I walked around with a long white piece of thread hanging from the seam of my red dress. 

You have the advantage of being an RN...I'm sure you can easily recognize if something doesn't look right or not.  Wish I was able to do that....I look at my red incision and wonder ever day if this is how if should look.  I'm working on my patience.....I want this to heal yesterday!  LOL

Please post again and let us know what the surgeon says.
Ruth
MelissaF
on 5/10/09 4:39 am - Northwood, IA
Too funny on the dress.. lol :)

I'm not worried about it at all, I will just ask him when I go if I was supposed to pull this like u do a bag of flour to open myself up.  Get his reaction. :P

I'll keep ya posted giggles.
Hugs, Melissa 

Kelly V.
on 5/10/09 7:03 am - Galion, OH
I had that and when I went in he started cutting all the excess away and I was like omg stop that.  He just laughed and said you don't need this.    But I was like you I didn't touch nothing and was upset when he started!
Judith P.
on 5/10/09 7:13 am - Spring Hill, FL
Yep, me too. The surgeon explained preop, so I wasn't surprised. When I went in Thursday, he trimmed all the sutures and I go back in 2 weeks and I think he'll trim again.
Sure do wish the swelling would go down. I can't wear pants I wore preop and I had hoped to go down at least one size.
Patience is a virtue, or so they say
Best of luck'
Judy

It takes a real storm in the average person's life to make him realize how much worrying he has done over the squalls.
  Don't Sweat the Small Stuff 
cbhjr98
on 5/10/09 11:12 pm
I pulled out a 4" one yesterday from my left hip and a knot from my right hip. I was told I could tweeze and snip off the ends if they popped through just dont pull to hard. A lot of the fishing-line type disolvables are pushing through now. It's such a relief when a knot finally gets snipped out because then the place is no longer tender and sore - it heals right away. I've got 4 spots that have the knots right under the new skin that is very painful that I want cut out but I can't because they are healed - two are right where I have to sit on them and they HURT!!!!!!!!!!

UGH! And I'm with Judith in that I wanted to go DOWN and size, not UP which is where I'm still at right now - SNIFF! Patience has never been my strong suit either.

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
gypsywoman6789
on 5/10/09 11:20 pm - Hudson, NH
At my 10 day post op the PS snipped the ends/knots off my incisions.  The one on each hip and the one near my breast bone.  That was such a relief because they were catching on everything and sore.  I plucked out some small pieces of sutures which he said was ok as long as it came out willingly.  If it tugged, leave it alone and just trim it down so that's what I did.  The one spot that I tugged a little bit on the suture is the only spot that is still healing on my suture line and I'm 5 weeks out.  So I'm sure it's no big deal.
Most Active