Uh-oh, I got a rash...

bradshaw0506
on 5/10/09 8:44 am - Chicago, IL
So I take of my compression garment to wa**** (I put on my Slim & Lift in between washings) and I start washing a bit around the vaginal area and notice that I have a heat rash in my right groin area. 

After I had gotten home from the hospital my right drain started leaking and I kept packing the area until I spoke to the surgeon's nurse.  I went in the next day only to find out the drain bulb was not squeezed to cause suction so it leaked from the drain tube site.  The area was wet but it dried off while at the doc's office.  I have been super careful with touching anything to avoid infection but I can't help that this polyester compression garment is causing me to sweat "down there." 

I instantly cleaned it off, let it dry, put neosporin on the inner thigh incision and then packed the area with gauze.  I notice a small spot on the other side too so I did that side as well.

What now though!?!?!?!  Any suggestions?

I MY DS!!!

MelissaF
on 5/10/09 9:11 am, edited 5/10/09 9:12 am - Northwood, IA
Keep gauze on the area so it stays dry.  I think you did the right thing.  I had tape burn and my surgeon doesn't like triple antibiotic ointment for some reason.  He prefers single antibitoic ointment (bacitracin) so you might wanna give yours a call.  Sometimes though mositure and heat can cause a yeast infection (think babies bottomes) so you might need lotrimin cream or nystatin powder instead.  I'd give them a call to see.

Good luck!!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

bradshaw0506
on 5/10/09 9:32 am - Chicago, IL
Thanks so much!  You sure do come in handy as our resident RN.

Hey, could ya make me a friend so I can see your PS pics?

I MY DS!!!

MelissaF
on 5/10/09 9:35 am - Northwood, IA
Well like I even tell my family members, I am a nurse not a doctor lol.. I can only guesstimate what is going on.  Making u a friend now :)  Sorry you are so swollen, I pray it gets better soon. *hugs*
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/09 12:27 am
Most Active