Compression garments, protein intake and vitamins post op to encourage healing......

happy girl
on 5/9/09 2:33 pm, edited 5/9/09 2:33 pm
Dr Agah, I know you are a big proponent of ProCare and I placed an order after reading about it on OH.  Personally, I found it undrinkable, and a waste of my money.  If you have an in with the company, can you ask them about tweaking the formula so it's more palatable ?

thanks!

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 5/10/09 3:01 am
WOW - that's some really GREAT info - I will definitely read through this and create a pre and post surgery diet plan and supplement schedule. 

THANKS!!! 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 5/10/09 3:03 am
thanks for being so detailed - I really appreciate that.  I will be constructing a plan and schedule for myself to get ready, my goal is to use the next two weeks to ramp up and continue post surgery with increased protein and vitamins to ensure I heal properly. 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Kathie L.
on 5/10/09 1:09 am - Castaic, CA
 I wore compression garments for 6 weeks post surgery and upped my protein to 100g./day. I healed very quickly with no complications from either of my two surgeries. I'm 7 weeks post op from my LBL and still am eating the 100g. of protein and my surgeon said I could go back to my normal 70.

California Kathie
RNY - 10/07
Rt. Hip Replacement - 4/08
Upper Body Lift - 11/08 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Lower Body Lift - 3/09 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
-Mari-
on 5/10/09 4:57 am
I had a tt last year, I wore my compression garment a lot if really helped with the swelling. I have now found out that Arnica Montana and Bromelain are supposed to be great helping with bruising and swelling. They even have a gel to put on to help, too. I bought them at GNC. Good luck.
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
Most Active