Lower body lift pain

Susan H.
on 5/10/09 5:16 am
I have had extreme pain from the lower body lift and lipo on my thighs that I had 2 years ago.  Am I the only one with this?  It feels like something is pulling down on my hips and thigh skin.  Burning in my groin area and thighs.  Agony.  Wish I had never done this.
MelissaF
on 5/10/09 5:35 am - Northwood, IA
Wait..... let me get this straight.  You had it two years ago and have had never-ending pain since? or it is something that just arose lately?  Either way, your surgeon needs to be informed, this is not normal.

Good luck.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

DrL
on 5/13/09 4:16 am - Houston, TX
Agree, not normal. My guess is  a nerve is involved in either a sttch or a scar process.  Is your pain in the front/inner parts of your  thighs ?

If so, it's likely the "lateral femoral cutaneous nerve" and the condition can be helped.  See your doc and keep us posted !
John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Susan H.
on 5/13/09 8:50 pm
Thank you, sir, for answering.  Yes the pain is in the front/inner thigh/groin area.  Every doctor I have seen here in south central Ohio seems to have no idea what is wrong.  These would be my family doctor, my plastic surgeon and even the pain clinic doctors.  Would it be possible for you to explain the treatment so that I may show it to my doctors to see if they understand what is wrong?  My plastic surgeon simply told me 2 days after the lipo and LBL when I complained about the burning that this had never happened before and he didn't know what to do. :-(  I have never been back to see him.  That was 2 years ago and I suffer everyday.  Do I see him or go back to the pain clinic or find another plastic surgeon?  Would fixing this problem be covered by my insurance, do you think?  Sorry so many questions but the idea of the pain getting just a little better is heart lifting.
DrL
on 5/13/09 10:52 pm - Houston, TX
PM sent
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Susan H.
on 5/14/09 1:29 am
I'm sorry but I don't see any message here.  I have been doing some research on meralgia paresthetica.  Is that what might be wrong?  Treatment is simple it seems like cortizon shots.  Might work might not.
DrL
on 5/14/09 6:37 am - Houston, TX
Hi Susan,

I sent a message to your OH inbox.  It was a reference about meralgia paresthetica....your case does not seem to be typical, but a good PS or pain doc should be able to recognize and treat it.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Most Active