BA "purse strings" too tight raised areola? Swimming?

Tanya L.
on 5/9/09 3:35 am - Lewiston, ME
Hi Ladies!  I had my BL/BA last Wednesday.  I am very happy with my results, but we have a slight problem.  I went in for my follow up and the surgeon said we may need to fix the "purse strings" around the areola.  I thought one side was just swlled different, but it does look very odd.  Basically my left breast has a flat areola (flat on breast) then nipple.  My right has flat breast round skin, areola raised like a triangle, then nipple on top.  He described it as a string in a hood.  When the string is loose the hood sits there.  When you pull the string around it scrunched up the hood and gives it volume.  So it is like the circle suture string around the areola was too tight causing it to be raised.  He told me to massage it several times a day for 2 weeks and then we will take another look and fix it from there.

Has this happened to anyone?  I am wondering what kind of "fix" it would need.  Another surgery where I am under snesthesia.  Maybe a little incision on the side of the areola and a quick snip to loosen the purse strings???  I know it isn't going to go down, I can tell, I just wanna get in and get it fixed already (we go on a 7 day vacation June 13th).

Also, when were you able to go in a pool after your surgery?  I will be 6 weeks out when we leave for vacation (not counting if I have to have this issue fixed).

17 of total pounds lost before surgery

Kim Meeks
on 5/9/09 4:36 am - lubbock, TX
i had breast lift and aug on 4/23
i just looked at my paperwork and it says you can submerge in tub, hot tub, or pool after 21 days

just tell him you dont want to wait

maybe it is something he can do in his office with concious sedation and numbing?

trip to laurie's

Kim Fiveash   
START: 270 /GOAL 150/  Lowest 129 /Current 140 (my new goal is 135 - half of 270=)

Tanya L.
on 5/9/09 4:51 am - Lewiston, ME
I am going to call on Monday and see what my options are.  I really just wanna get it done and have time to heal before vacation.

Kim Meeks
on 5/9/09 9:05 am - lubbock, TX
maybe you could just leave it until you get back from vacation?

maybe it will go down?

maybe you could put a bandaid over it ?

trip to laurie's

Kim Fiveash   
START: 270 /GOAL 150/  Lowest 129 /Current 140 (my new goal is 135 - half of 270=)

Tanya L.
on 5/9/09 9:21 am - Lewiston, ME
You don't really notice it in a bra, so that's a plus.  But I just wanna get it over with.  I may have to wait though, I don't wanna miss out on taking the babies in the pool just because I couldn't wait a few weeks. 

Kim Meeks
on 5/9/09 4:33 pm - lubbock, TX
that is true
the babies always come first

plus - what's a few weeks?

trip to laurie's

Kim Fiveash   

Most Active