payments

bellab33
on 5/8/09 7:02 pm
did anyone get a loan for plastic surgery, or how what are other ways they paid for it besides having the money up front?
*~BRIANNA~*

"It's not  how good you are, its how good you want to be"

Kathie L.
on 5/8/09 10:59 pm - Castaic, CA
 I took out a second mortgage on my house to pay for my plastics. Interest rates were reasonable.
California Kathie
RNY - 10/07
Rt. Hip Replacement - 4/08
Upper Body Lift - 11/08 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Lower Body Lift - 3/09 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
MelissaF
on 5/8/09 11:36 pm, edited 5/8/09 11:38 pm - Northwood, IA
Hello!

I had this same post about 8 mos to a year ago.  We started big time penny pinching b/c we did NOT want another loan.  I have a school loan and a small home equity loan and very little left to pay on my car with his car paid off.  We also had a good chunk in savings all which I wanted to keep b/c it made me feel secure to finally have gotten down to little debt with a nest egg.  So we just quit going out to eat and eliminated our entertainment for the most part.  We did things at home.. sounds silly but we did.  Went for walks, palyed board games and it was really good for my husband and I.  Now we are in a lucky position of having no children and a very low house payment b/c we live in a small town in Iowa.  Did this on purpose so if either of us ever lost our job we would still be OK.   We could live a much "higher life" but decided being smart is better in the end.  So we live more modestly... well b/c we do that we were able to save the money up for plastics.  I also picked up extra shifts at the hospital and my husband had a couple extra things on the side.  It actually saved up quickly and I am proud to say we did not have to do a loan.  It CAN be done.  Even loose change start putting it aside.  Getting a loan sucks but sometimes u have to.  If you can do a credit card with no interest for 18 months and PAY IT OFF so it doesn't go retro before the 18 mos are up.  Carecredit.com also has this but be warned once the 18 mos are up.. the interest rate is HIGH.  You don't need to be in that predictament either.  Thats silly.

Others have taken second morgages, cashed in stock (doubtful now with the economy the way it is), sold big assests/possessions, downgraded cars, gotten second jobs (temporarily like around the holidays etc) or even downgraded homes to get this done.  It is all about how important this is to you.

Remember this is your BODY and the other things like vehicles you would spend money on so why not your BODY? That is why my PS says, of course he is going to sell his services but he has a point and I have to agree b/c damnit (pardon my french) I worked REAL hard to get to where I am almost 200 lbs down.  I deserve this much.  So do you.

Good luck.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active