I just found out

tsisgr8
on 5/8/09 12:57 pm - Chico, CA
One year ago I had TT, BA and lipo....today have breast cancer.   WHY?
brenda F.
on 5/8/09 2:12 pm - whitney, TX
I have no answer for you ,just a big hug  Red in TX .
was 400+ june 15th,06,..now 145-150 as of may15th,09 ... wow!!!what a ride .   
happy girl
on 5/8/09 3:19 pm
I have no answer for you, but you can beat this, really you can!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

gypsywoman6789
on 5/8/09 10:24 pm - Hudson, NH
The eternal question, why?  None of us will ever know.  But know that you have all of our love and support as you go through this.  You can beat this.  Breast cancer doesn't have to automatically mean mastectomy so stay strong.

My best friend from high school is finishing up her chemo treatments for breast cancer as we speak.  She is 38 years old.  She was diagnosed in the fall of 08 with some rare aggressive form of BC - triple hormone positive tumor or something like that - she has been a trooper and she is beating it.

Thinking of you.

Caroline
MelissaF
on 5/8/09 11:51 pm - Northwood, IA
My RNY surgery angel also had this after RNY.  I am noticing a lot of us women after RNY getting female forms of cancer postop, is it because of our surgeries? or is it because it is easier detected after weight loss (esp breast cancer) b/c of less fatty tissue? i donno.  Not something you probably care to wonder about at this point anyways.  I just wanted to tell you that she came through like a pro ad is in remission.  Hopefully you caught it early and you have a great oncologist who will be very proactive with your care.  Many beat this and you can too my friend.  Hang in there and here is a big hug for you!  Keep posting here if you need to we are all ears always.  Praying for healing for you!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Brandi7920
on 5/9/09 12:35 am - Nashville, TN
I think you are right about it becoming more easily detected after weight loss. After I lost 189 lbs it became obvious that there was something going on with my stomach. They sent me for an ultrasound and it showed that I had a massive tumor growing from a ovary. It was a 10 lbs tumor - the size of a soccer ball. It ended up being benign, thankfully - but I would not have known it was there without the weight loss. It actually grew back in 6 mos to the same size and had to be removed again. It's been a few years with no return...they've managed to save my ovaries and all twice. Next time, they'll take it all out.
RNY 02/16/04
LBL, MTL, Lipo 06/04/09
351lb to 170lb
(deactivated member)
on 5/9/09 1:10 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
So sorry to hear this. 
They can do wonderful things these days to beat it.
I wish you well and hope and pray you will beat it.  Keep a positive attitude, stay strong and there is a great probability you will beat it!
totalfreedom
on 5/9/09 1:21 am - Northern CA
I don't have answers as to WHY, but YOU CAN BEAT THIS.  I work for an organization of about 500 people.  90% are women.  There have been many cases of breast cancer all at varying stages.  Lots of success stories. 

Reach out to the support groups in your area and get good information. 

Take care of yourself.

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/09 3:23 am
I am so sorry that this happened to you.  About one in eight American women get breast cancer, over a lifetime, so unfortunately it's not exactly rare.  

I am guessing that your plastic surgeon would have ordered mammograms before s/he did your work, and if that's the case, they must have been clear, then.  If your breast cancer has had only a year to grow, then probably it is an early-stage cancer, which dramatically improves the probability of your surviving it.  

Congratulations to you for staying on top of your breast examination and/or mammography!  That stuff is a life-saver for sure!
dec721
on 5/9/09 10:53 am, edited 5/9/09 10:53 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
I'm so sorry to hear about your cancer, but everyone is right -- breast cancer is extremely treatable and win-able these days, and you will do just great!  I was diagnosed with a stage 0 cancer (or pre-cancer) in my breast tissue right after my reduction, so often these surgeries save our lives.  Best wishes for an easy and speedy recovery  :-)

--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Most Active