Mammo after breast reduction/lift

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/09 4:41 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I'm wondering how long I should wait before having my annual mammo.....
I had a breast reduction & lift done in Nov 2008.  I also just had my arms done and he ran a long incision thru my armpit along the side of my breasts.

Is it too soon to have a mammo?

With my big flat boobs they sat up on the table nicely, not sure how these little girls will do.......
Any thoughts??

Has anyone had their first mammo after breast reduction surgery?  I'm worried it will hurt even more!!!

Thanks!
Ruth
sablouwho
on 5/9/09 6:49 am - La La Land, CA
With my big flat boobs they sat up on the table nicely, not sure how these little girls will do.......
Any thoughts??

LOL, Ruth!
~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

cleos_mom
on 5/9/09 8:30 am - phila., PA
do you have implants? I would ask my PS
sablouwho
on 5/9/09 8:30 am - La La Land, CA
She had a reduction, so no implants.
~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/09 8:53 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Nope, no implants........a reduction and lift.

I just made an appointment for my annual GYN exam next week, I'll ask her too.
islander
on 5/9/09 9:19 am - Middletown, RI
Funny you should ask.  I had a br Feb 11.  I just went in to see my Primary & she wanted a mam but I'm not supposed to schedule until mid-August to make sure that it's healed sufficiently.   

dec721
on 5/9/09 10:44 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
I'm six years post breast reduction, and I believe I waited about six months.  The first time, it was a little tender as the machine pulled on the incisions, but there was no real problem.  As far as my little teeny girls go, they fit up there just fine :-)           --Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

sel
on 5/9/09 12:42 pm - colchester, CT

I had BL without implants this past July and waited until this March to have first post surgery mammogram. It was a little more uncomfortable than previous ones and had to have extra pictures taken because of some loose skin under my arms that caused creases in pictures. SInce then I have had brachioplasty with "side boobs" removed so I expect the next years test to be easier.

Sher

Most Active