not happy with arm lift

angela934
on 5/8/09 10:04 am

I don't know maybe it 's me, but i am not happy with my arm lift. I had it done on 3/17. I still have flab undermy arm and i don't like that. I was wondering if i am  rushing thing & i need  to give my self so more time or by it being 7 weeks is this i. I know that some moring my fingers be swollen & my fore  arms are   still swollen. so do anyone know if i still have more healing to do and is it a chance that my arm will frim up more. I didn't have surergery to still have flab . I don't mine if i have to do exciser, but my flab is hanig & move to much for me and i am not happy.can someone help.

ANGIE
(deactivated member)
on 5/8/09 10:57 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I'm in the same boat.  I'm exactly 6 weeks out and have said from the start he left too much on.  I know I'm still a bit swollen but it's been going down and there is still TOO MUCH.
I've already open up the subject of a revision with the surgeon.....he thinks some lipo might help but then I'm afraid I'll just have empty hanging skin.  I'm not sure if I will let him do the revision or if I'll have someone else do it.

Personally I don't think more exercise will help with mine.  I've got muscles, there is just too much hanging below...

This has been a much more painful and longer recovery than my breast surgery and I hate the idea that I have to go through it all again!  Hopefully the revision won't be as bad but I fear it will be.

Keep me posted on how you are doing with this.....
Best wishes!!
Ruth

ANGIE934
on 5/8/09 12:09 pm

HI RUTH GOOD LUCK TO YOU BUT, I AM REALLY HOPE THAT MAYBE IT IS STILL TO SOON. I FEEL LIKE MY DR COULD HAVE TOOK OFF SOME TO AND YOU CAN SEE IT. SOMETIMES I FEEL WHY DID I GO TROW THIS., BUT GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/09 12:37 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I'm still hanging on to some hope too....
(deactivated member)
on 5/8/09 11:55 am - Bayonne, NJ
I gave mine more than 6 months before coming to the conclusion that he didn't do a good job. People cringe when they see my arms. Hell, I had them done a little over a year ago and one of the stitches is poking through tonight.  Pics in my profile.

Some of your swelling should subside but if you're still not happy, see about revisions.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/8/09 8:42 pm - OH
After only 7 weeks you DEFINITELY still have a bunch of healing to do!  I had noticable swelling for more than 3 months and some lingering swelling for 5 months.  (Some of it might be swelling and some of it might be too much residual skin/fat, but it is still too early to tell which is which.)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

ANGIE934
on 5/9/09 9:15 am
HI LORA
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WHAT YOU SAID, BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN VERY WORRIED ABOUT MY OUT COME. SO I AM JUST GOING TO GIVE IT MORE TIME .
DEBI R.
on 5/10/09 5:28 am - CORSICANA, TX
I'm not happy with my arms either, it's only been 4 weeks but he left more skin at the elbow than he did at the tops and it hangs and looks awful. I also had a line/indention in each arm and it's very noticeable. I might still be swollen but I can already tell I'm not going to be happy with my results and doubt if I'll ever be able to afford a revison.

I'm sorry you're experencing the same thing. I hope yours really is just swelling. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Most Active