1 week and a day out

Theresa M.
on 5/7/09 1:30 pm - Cleveland, TN

It's been a week now, when am I going to get back feeling like myself. My husband has been
really great and my baby wants me to hold her..
This tt ant no joke it is kicking my assssssssssssss, I think am fine and get up and just sit in the living room and walk to the mailbox and am in bed for about 4 to 5hr nap. but with all of that I think I would it agin.

It's not all about how look on the outside, It's all about the inside, so look deep yourself
aniduff
on 5/7/09 1:46 pm - Red Deer, Canada
VSG on 04/17/08 with
You know, I had my TT back in the 80's, and back then, they kept you in the hospitall for a week...I truely couldn't imagine going home earlier than that, cuz, yes, it was very painful.
I hope you start feeling better soon! 

D.O.S-217
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.

Robert Collier

joychaser
on 5/8/09 1:40 am - MI
It took me almost two weeks before I was able to feel and act remotely normal. Once those two weeks were over, I was showering, getting dressed (comfy of course) and doing simple chores: dishwasher, mail etc. I did however get exhausted QUICKLY..and took many small naps throughout the day. I took an entire month off of work. If I had just had the LBL done I would have been back after two weeks however I also had butt aug. Best wishes, it will get better!
From 251 to 141 and LOVING every minute of it! From a size 18 to a size 6-8!
I can finally SPREAD my wings again!
MelissaF
on 5/8/09 3:15 am - Northwood, IA
Hang in there.  I know its hard.. I am feeling and healing great but then I tried to go to the grocery store and I got smacked hard with reality how far I am from anywhere close to "healed".  I also took my first shower... about passed out (literally) aftewards.  I feel good lying around and pacing the house but anymore than that.. well my body lets me know to chill out. i get frustrated b/c I am SUCH an active person so it makes me be forced to be patient (something I am very bad at).  But we have to remember how much our bodies have been through and these sorts of things take time.  I do understnad what u are going through.  If I walked to the mailbox and back it would take me a couple hours to recoop from that.  So know you are not alone.  You are just a week out, as am I... give it time my friend, we will get there. HUGS
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

MyQnA
on 5/10/09 4:09 am
Hey there,

I am nearly two weeks out and I know it is like driving a nail into concrete for me to understand the word REST.  I think we will be easily tired for a good month or more.  I am trying to be prepared.  By taking naps and eating a high protein diet or just messing up my manicure. 

The only thing I wont give up is a daily walk.  I refuse to sit at home and gain even one pound.  My better half has done all the cooking and most of the cleaning like I said I am hard headed so?  anyway I wish you a speedy recovery so you can get back to yourself but you are not alone.

~Maxine

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

Most Active