Cost and a couple other questions

katiekat412
on 5/7/09 1:28 am

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while now! Couple questions.

I'm considering a BL/BA and a TT. I'd like to have it done at the same time to save $$ and time. Can anyone estimate how much it cost you, in what part of the country, and if your insurance covered the panni portion? If so, how much weight did you lose, and did you have any rashes, etc?

What does a mons lift include? Just tightening of the skin or lipo at the same time? 

Did anyone have to do stairs when they got home from the hospital. My bathroom is in the basement, or the second floor. Would I be able to get there?

I'm sure I have a million more questions, but that's good for now. Thanks!!

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

dec721
on 5/7/09 5:26 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Hi katiekat!  I had a breast reduction (whi*****luded a lift) and tummy tuck at the same time six years ago.  This was before WLS, but I had lost about 70 pounds on my own prior.  I believe the cost was about $12-15,000 in the Atlanta area.  My insurance would not even consider covering any of it, even though the skin under my belly regularly split and got infected or had rashes, and I had horrible back pain from my giant breasts.  Bah.

They kept me in the hospital for two nights, because I had a rough time with the TT, but by the time I got home I was coping.  I have no stairs, though.  You will probably be okay, but is there any way you could set up a temporary bed near the bathroom for just a couple of nights until you see how you are?

Best wishes!     --Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

katiekat412
on 5/7/09 10:19 pm
Thanks for your response. I can come in through the basement and sleep on the couch for a few nights and use the downstairs bathroom, but I would soooo much rather be in my bed upstairs. I guess I can always decide in the care on the way home!

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

joychaser
on 5/7/09 11:31 pm - MI
Believe me your bed is the last place you will want to be if you have a LBL...I was sleeping in a recliner for nearly 12 days before I made it upstairs. Mind you it felt great to be in my comfy bed but the chair just worked great for me. You MUST be near the toilet...stairs will not be your friend, lol! Actually I had a bedside commode that worked great for me. I also highly recommend a seat rise for the toilet...getting up and down is quite hard if you have a LBL so one of those was WONDERFUL for me!

GOOD LUCK!
From 251 to 141 and LOVING every minute of it! From a size 18 to a size 6-8!
I can finally SPREAD my wings again!
Renee H.
on 5/7/09 12:53 pm, edited 5/7/09 12:54 pm - Bronx, NY
Hi, I know that here in NY, everything is pricey but when u go to one of the more reknown and experienced surgeons, sometimes you have to pay more.  My breasts were about $14K I think.  My tummy tuck portion of my LBL was about $10K and that was 2 years ago.  Things can be less, depending on where you live and what surgeon you chose.  I see that my costs were on the higher end compared to my friends in other parts of the country.

I had to prove medical necessity but documenting everything from rashes to boils to infections to back problems, etc. in order to get insurance approval.  I went to my regular doctor and had him document issues.  I complained to my gynecologist and had her put notes in her file on me as well.  I went to two dermatologists and also a chiropractor and physical therapist too.  Yes, it was a lot to do but I was determined to give it my all in order to get as much approved by insurance as possible and it paid off because the tummy tuck portion of my LBL was covered and I paid for the butt lift portion.  Insurance also approved my breast lift and my brachioplasty and I paid for my back fat to be removed.

Oh and prior to my first round of plastics, I had lost about 180 pounds initially and then I gained back around 25 pounds and then lost a few more over time. 

Also, I had to do a few stairs where I was living at the time of my LBL.  I was bent forward and sore as hell but it wasn't unbearable but I can't lie and tell you it wasn't a *****allenging moving around.  I just had to take it slow and easy and PLAN what I was about to do next so that I didn't have to rush or hurt myself.

Renee H. aka "Queen Nae"
RNY - 8/04 - Alfons Pomp - NYC
LBL - 4/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
Revision to anchor cut - 12/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
UBL w/brachio - 2/09 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC

Most Active