Necessity, the mother of invention

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/09 4:14 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Ok, so yesterday I had an ALL DAY pity party (it ran straight into this morning).  But right now I'm feeling a whole lot better.

First thanks to everyone for their postings and messages....you all shared some great ideas/tips which got me thinking.

When I finally forced myself out of bed this morning I massaged on cream and wrapped my arms in ACE bandages which kept coming undone.   I continued my search for some sort of compression garment for the arms........and then it hit me.......an idea......a great idea (well I think so)........ 

Why not put the compression stockings (TEDS) I brought home from the hospital on my arms.  These would be tight enough to hold on the silicone strips in place and would probably help with the swelling I still have.  So I did it.  It was a little harder to get them on than I expected but it worked.

I'm THRILLED with how it feels. I don't feel all that tightness and pulling at the incision, I actually feel more comfortable. ......either that or there is not enough blood flowing to the arms and I am going numb....lol  

Looks a little silly but I don't care, I'm not leaving the house today and it helps I'll wear them 24x7!
I posted pictures on my profile of this ridiculous yet genius idea.....

I'll let you all know if I see any improvement in the next few days.  Cross your fingers for me that it is not too late and that this will help.

Like I said in the subject title......... Necessity, the mother of invention.....

Thanks!
Ruth

cbhjr98
on 5/8/09 5:13 am
Wonder if you can get a patent on that one!! think about the money - it would pay for more plastics :-)

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
(deactivated member)
on 5/8/09 5:19 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Trust me I thought about it.............  $$$$$$$$$$
Tee M.
on 5/8/09 5:42 am - CT
Good Idea.  I had to wash my arm binders so I took a pair of support pantyhose and cut the feet off and wore it like a shrug.  Worked great actually

Why is it we all know how to use our tool, but refuse to do it?

Most Active