8 days out and....

DEBI R.
on 5/7/09 2:58 am - CORSICANA, TX
Hi Melissa,

I wear a 10 with my binder on but I started wearing a high waisted girdle now instead of the binder and I really like it better. I bought the kind with the snap crotch so it's easier to go potty.

Wow you wore a 4? That is awesome!!! I'll never be that little--EVER!!  I bet you're even smaller now?

I had my husband rub NARE on my legs, much easier than shaving and I didn't trust him to shave my legs. LOL

I'm not real happy with my arms or stomach, I think my surgeon could have taken more skin off than he did. I have jiggly skin at both of my elbows and my upper stomach where he did an anchor cut still jiggles too. I told him Tuesday and he asked "Did you lose weight"?  I told him no only 10 lbs since surgery and he took 15 lbs off.  I know I'm still swollen but I don't think my stomach will be flat like yours is.  I'm really upset about it too because I can't afford to have it done again. I told him he could have made my stomach as flat as he did my back/butt and I would have been happy. He said he took as much as he could but I don't believe it. I don't think I'll be using him again for any other surgeries. My friend Daphnee recommended him to me and she really likes him but she only had a panniculetomy with him.

Rest and drink lots of water. Have a great weekend. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

MelissaF
on 5/7/09 3:52 am - Northwood, IA
Hi Debi!

I am so sorry you are so disappointed with your results after all you have been through.  That really is a shame and I am glad you voicing your dissatisfaction with him.  Honestly, if I were you, I would continue to voice it.  See what he says.  Maybe he can offer some possible revision work? I mean if you order a meal at a restaraunt and it isn't prepared how you asked or its wrong you send it back right?  Doesn't that work for a plastics procedure that you paid a lot of money for?  Didn't you out of pocket quite a bit or did insurance pick it all up? I am trying to remember, forgive me.

I still think it is fantastic that you can get in much smaller clothes tho already, you have to be excited about that!!

I really would tell him again.. and just be brutally honest.  It is hard for patients to do that a lot of times with physicians but remember you are a paying customer too and he is provding a service that you are dissatisfied with... u need to know your options b/c u are dissatisfied, which I am so sad to hear for you.  Please keep me posted and do know that you must look much better than before.  What does hubby say?

Hugs
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

DEBI R.
on 5/7/09 2:30 pm - CORSICANA, TX
Melissa,

My insurance paid for my arms and panniculectomy and I paid $10,000 for the LBL with anchor cut that includes the OR and anesthesiologist for the LBL.  He told me to come back in 4 months to see him when I was there Tuesday. I don't think he will offer to do a revision and even if he did I'm not sure I could come up with the OR , hospital and anesthesiolgist money again.

I do look 90% better but I wanted all the loose skin gone, was I expecting too much? My hubby says I look alot better and too be happy but he also knows I'll never be able to afford a revision and I wanted a flat stomach since I've never had one before.

Dr Carpenter acted like he took all he could but he took 50 lbs from my friend Daphnee that had a panniculectomy with him so if he can take that much skin from her surely he could have taken more from me?
Sorry to keep ranting, I should count my blessings I know. Debi

minuature pinscher 

MelissaF
on 5/8/09 12:13 am - Northwood, IA
I donno Debi... I think I would be right there with you on your thinking.  

No you are not ranting honestly... vent away, I am understaning your complaints 200%.

I would be dissapointed also, I will not lie.  I paid the same amount you did and dang, it IS a lot of money.  You want the results you were expecting.  I am just wondering though if you shouldn't post a post on about dissatisfaction with procedures done and how they were handled.  Ya know, Dr. Lomanaco and Dr. Agha are both posters on this board, maybe ask them what they do in situations like this if they are willing to share.  I would want to know other's experiences and figure out what solutions there are b/c sure they are SOME without having to out of pocket the money again.  

This is a very intersting thing though Debi, b/c like I was saying before, if you aren't satisfied with a cheeseburger at a restaraunt or a pizza, you send it back... its much less money and they make you happy.  You spend 10k, a big portion of what most ppl have in savings or a large percentage of their annual salary.. you get nothing for dissatisfaction???  I just don't see how that is possible.  I realize it isn't apples to apples regarding a food product and going under anthesia and having body altercations and what not.. but really.. somethng surely can be done.  Why don't u post a topic, surely someone has been down this road before.  I would like to see you satisfied and I just wouldn't settle until I knew how others have handled it.

What do u think?
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

DEBI R.
on 5/8/09 10:24 am - CORSICANA, TX

The impression I got from Dr Carpenter he took all he could and it's up to me to lift weights and do crunches to tighten what loose skin I have left. He told me to lift weights and to hold my stomach muscles in until they burn. I was expecting muscle repair and lipo and I didn't get either. When I found out he didn't do either I asked why several times and he said I didn't need either. I just can't believe that because I was 395 lbs. I will post a question later I just go through mopping the kitchen and laundry room and want to go shower first.

Thanks for all your help. I'm really glad you're happy with your surgery. You look fantastic I would be happy if I were you too.

Even if Dr Carpenter offered to do a revision for free I can't afford the OR and anethesiologist fees again but I seriously doubt he would ever offer to do it free anyways.

minuature pinscher 

tina_stamps
on 5/6/09 10:09 pm - New Milford, PA
I wanna be just like you when I grow up! ;)

Congrats on your speedy recovery!  You look AMAZING!!  I am so inspired by you!

Public service announcement: You LOSE weight, you LOSE hair....
Your clothes become
LOOSE... we spend all our LOOSE change on protein supplements...

MelissaF
on 5/6/09 10:21 pm - Northwood, IA
Aw Tina, thank you, you have me tearful!!!  Good drugs and amazing compliments will do it to ya! Very nice of you to say!!! HUGS!
Hugs, Melissa 

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/09 1:57 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
That is AWESOME!  So happy for you.
I'm going to follow your lead and pack in the protein and step up the weight lifting.

w8'n no more
on 5/7/09 10:38 am - middle of, IL
Holy Bat Crap!   YEAH!   The before and afters are amazing.  You are gonna be SOOOOO happy!   I got that tape burn too, only mine was the whole right cheek of my butt.  I still have the marks 11 weeks later.  Hope it's not a tattoo LOL!   YOU LOOK GREAT!
Kathy
sw/cw/gw
269/136/141
Surgery Date 10/21/05  Dr. Anthone
Aspire to Inspire Before You Expire!
MelissaF
on 5/7/09 11:28 am - Northwood, IA
Thanks Kathy!! I love it "Holy Bat Crap!" Haha!!!
Hugs, Melissa 

Most Active