8 days out and....

MelissaF
on 5/6/09 9:24 am, edited 5/6/09 9:25 am - Northwood, IA
DRAIN FREE BABY!!!  All FOUR - GONE!

they can't explain why  - I am so excited b/c most pt's at my doc's office keep theirs for 3-4 weeks and we cannot shower till the drains are all gone.  I am EIGHT days postop and no more drains! SO exciting.  Also my incisions are healting beautifully they said.  My doc says "You are WAY ahead of the curve".  I would like to attribute it to my high protein diet (shakes and protein forward meals and lots of veggies) and being diligent with all my vitamin supplements and all the exercise I did preop. I am a runner and weight lifter.  So I was in really good shape.  Susan said she noticed a huge difference with being in shape and she just wasn't kidding!

I am just so darn excited you guys!  Belly button sutures out on Monday!

Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

cleos_mom
on 5/6/09 10:24 am - phila., PA
that is great. It is the protrin that makes you heal.
Congrats
Susan
gypsywoman6789
on 5/6/09 10:46 am - Hudson, NH
SWEET!  I had my two drains out on day 7 so I can relate to how exciting it is to be free of them.  Feels great doesn't it?  Woo whoo!
workingmommy
on 5/6/09 11:10 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
That's great news!  I will keep chugging my shakes in preparation!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/09 11:36 am
That is awesome, I guess it proves that being proactive pays off!
abossard
on 5/6/09 12:42 pm - MASON CITY, IA
YEAH!!!!!!
  http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/861981/albums/74443/Angie%20270%20lbs_edited.jpg

w8'n no more
on 5/6/09 1:13 pm - middle of, IL
FREEDOM!!   Good for you.   And I have to agree that being in shape and protein loading make a HUGE difference.  Plus you still have a belly button LOL!  
Kathy
sw/cw/gw
269/136/141
Surgery Date 10/21/05  Dr. Anthone
Aspire to Inspire Before You Expire!
MyQnA
on 5/6/09 4:51 pm
Hey Melissa,

Sounds fantastic!  Glad you are doing so good.  Yeah I have to say I don't think my eating is as good as yours.  However being a gym junkie must have helped somewhere.

~Maxine

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

DEBI R.
on 5/6/09 5:40 pm, edited 5/6/09 5:41 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I had 6 drains so I know what you mean, I felt so much better when I got them all out.

Have you lost any weight since your LBL? Doc took 15 lbs off of me but I've only lost 10 lbs so far. I went from a size 12-14 to a 10 and I can stick my hand inbetween them and my tummy so they will be too big before long. I never dreamed I'd wear a 10, I was in a 6x top and 2-3x stretch pants before  WLS.

I'm a month post op Wednesday and my surgeon has cleared me to lift weights and exercise again but I haven't been to the gym yet. I'm scared to lift weights I'm afraid I'll mess up my arms or stomach, I'm just paranoid I know.  LOL    Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

MelissaF
on 5/6/09 9:48 pm - Northwood, IA
WOW Debi, did you ever think in your WILDEST dreams you would be able to wear a 10??? I mean wow.  Are you trying on your clothes with your binder? Not sure if it makes a difference or not.  I have tried with the binder (and drains - yesterday when I still had them).  My preop jeans are really loose.

I was in a 4/6 or a 28/29 inch waist.  So this is just amazing to me.  I wore a smaller size than most for my weight.  I think b/c of my muscle mass?

I went in weighin 144, came out 146.5 after IV fluids, swelling etc.  He took off 7lbs.

This morning I am at 136.5. I also know I need to drink more fluids though, I may be a bit dehdryated (bad girl I know) so we will see.  I am used to consuming over 2000 calories a day with my activity level though and I have been getting in around the 1200 that I haven't done in forever.  I am afraid of gaining weight with no exercise and I am sure I am losing muscle mass too to some degree being that I can't lift weights until I am 6 weeks out.  Even then I am to do it only as tolerated and I know I will want to go slow.

Yesterday I went to the doc and then the grocery store.  I think I WAY overdid it.  I came home feeling so so so sore.  I was worried I did some damage but I am also noticing that places that were numb are not any longer so I think the nerves are waking up too.  I am chilling out today and will take my first shower tomorrow.  I had a great sponge bath and got my hair washed before the doc and even yes sigh shaved my legs (how you ask?) very carefully.  I brought me leg up to shave it in mid air (I know I am so silly I need to stop it).  WHO cares if my legs are hairy right?

AHHHH I can be so stubborn sometimes and look where it gets me.

I am ECSTATIC for you Debi, keep these fabulous wow moments coming, u share EVERY one of them with me... i wanna hear them all!!!!

Love ya girl.  So proud of u and happy for US!

I am down 10lbs
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active