LBL and weird red patch under belly button

TheCheshireCat
on 5/6/09 4:31 am
I'm 5 1/2 weeks post-op from a lower body lift with belt lipectomy where they took 10 lbs of skin and tissue. For the past three days I've had this 4 or 5 inch patch of skin below my belly button that's a little red and swollen hard underneath. Sometimes it look like it's a little purplish too but barely bruise worthy. My belly button seems a little redder than it was last week too. This is all since I went to a family function Saturday and sat out in the Texas heat with my Spanx on for about 4 hours. I've been swollen ever since. I'm not sure if there's a correlation but thought I'd throw it in there.

So my questions:

Any ideas on what the redness could be? It's starting to make me nervous.

Am I out of the woods for necrosis at nearly 6 weeks post-op?

Am I out of the woods for belly button death?

Can I put ice on my belly button area now?

MelissaF
on 5/7/09 12:47 am - Northwood, IA
to be on the safe side.. Id make an appointment with my surgeon.  Better to be proactive and worrisome then not in the case of plastics, the last thing u want is a brewing infection, things can get ugly and get ugly fast.... go make an appointment dear.  Worst thing they can say is, its fine and u pay a copay right?
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active