Am I wrong to want to have my revisions done???

Mollyfrise
on 5/5/09 5:24 am - Flagstaff, AZ
I have until October to decide, but some people might think I've done enough, but there are still a few issues I would like to take care of.  For the most part I'm extremely happy, but there is a couple of things I want fixed.  I feel like I need to do this before my warranty runs out, if you know what I mean.  The surgeon's fee is zero, but I just need to pay for the facility and anesthesia.  Any feedback would be appreciated. 

265/160/155

Wendy_Canada
on 5/5/09 5:33 am - Canada
What do you want to have done if you do it before October?  I am assuming its something that you have already done but not  totally happy with the results. 

Other people can't tell you when to be happy.  If these areas are not done to what you expected then book it and get it done or you will never be totally happy. 

Mollyfrise
on 5/5/09 5:36 am - Flagstaff, AZ
I have extra skin that hangs over my bra under my arm pits.  The brachioplasty just went to my arm pit, so the extra skin didn't get taken care of.  There is also some lipo needed in the mons area and the left side of my abdomen and possibly my inner thighs with a little more tightening.

265/160/155

Angensam
on 5/5/09 10:00 am - Atlanta, GA
I think you need to do what makes you feel good. I'm so happy with my LBL but now I'm looking at my 3 year old brachioplasty and BL and thinking that they could look a lot better. Those were done by a different doctor so I would have to pay my fabulous new doctor his fee plus all the associated costs.

Regina

Almost to goal!
Regina

happy girl
on 5/5/09 10:14 am
I think only you can answer this.  If you are unhappy with the way things are and you will be bothered by it, you will regret not doing it (If it were me, I'd do it, I wouldn't want to have any regrets)

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

gypsywoman6789
on 5/5/09 8:32 pm - Hudson, NH
I agree with the others that this is a decision you need to make for yourself.  If you aren't happy with the results then if it were me, I'd do it.  Guess you need to ask the surgeon if the lipo of the mons and thighs will likely produce the results you want and it sounds like the side fat at your bra line  was never addressed originally so I can certainly understand wanting that done.  Just be careful that you aren't trying to acheive perfection or having any transference of addiction by having PS over and over again.  Hope this helps.
Renee H.
on 5/6/09 10:29 am - Bronx, NY
"Wrong?"  How can you be wrong for doing what you need to do for your own benefit?  Only you know the difference between a few more nip/tucks for a better overall aesthetic and whether you are being unreasonable nit-picking.  I doubt it's the latter.  When you go thru all this (weight loss, plastic surgery, etc.) to get your body as close as you can get it, then why not go the whole 9 yards and finish the job - especially if you don't have to spend too much to get it done.  As long as you are getting it done safely, then do what makes you happy.
Renee H. aka "Queen Nae"
RNY - 8/04 - Alfons Pomp - NYC
LBL - 4/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
Revision to anchor cut - 12/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
UBL w/brachio - 2/09 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC

BarbD
on 5/7/09 1:11 am - IL
VSG on 12/11/07 with
I find myself in the same position re: my 1/5/09 brachioplasty.  My left upper arm is bigger than my right.  Unless I put my arms straight out to the sides or a 90 degree angle, you can't tell.
But I can ... everyday when I raise my arms to do my hair.  I HATE to go through it again but I know I'll forever be unhappy if I don't so, June 12 is my revision day.  The doctor said it should be much easier this time; local anesthetic, only 5-6 inches on upper left arm.  And only ONE arm this time.  If anyone cares to chime in and say how much easier an arm revision is, please do!
And good luck to you on your decision.  Barb
Mollyfrise
on 5/7/09 1:16 am - Flagstaff, AZ
I too would like to hear from anyone who has had revisions and whether it was worth it or not and how painful it was.  Thanks.

265/160/155

penguin5
on 5/11/09 5:53 am - Lompoc, CA
I had a revision done to my brachioplasty and am THRILLED with the new results.  I had a ton of skin taken off in my initial brachio in September.  My arms were in terrible shape and within 4 weeks I knew they would need to be redone.  That was hard for me to accept at first...I wanted ONE operation (had 4 procedures done at once) and NEVER wanted to go back..

So..to make it worth my while, I had the brachio revision and lipo done on the backs of my arm, my entire abdomen (I'd had lbl in Sept.) and lipo to my k nees.  The only thng I regret is having my knees done.  It was extremely painful and the results were minimal for th eamount of pain.

Hope this helps in some way!  Good luck to you in making your decision.

Lynda

LBL, BL, brachio and mod. neck lift
          9/17/08  Dr. Howard Gross

Most Active