Drains...

MelissaF
on 5/5/09 1:11 am - Northwood, IA
Hi Everyone!

Ok so I am 1 week postop from LBL and I swear I never needed these 4 drains that I have in.  I am a nurse so I know good and well how to care for them, stripping etc.  They just aren't having any output!!!

The most I got out of one of them was 7ml last night but most are 2-3ml.  I wish I could have them taken out now but doc says wait till Monday and might get "some" out.  I mean really? why would u keep them in if they aren't producing.  And yes, I am moving around a lot and I know that movement creates more drainage, trust me I am moving a ton.  I feel great!

Argh.. I hope they all go on Monday!  They aren't actually bothering me other than I feel like I can't leave the house to even take a walk down the block, fresh air would be nice.

Ok I am done whining :o)

I am going to have my husband take 1 week out pics today if I can talk him into it! Hope to post them later.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/09 1:29 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Try calling the surgeon again on Weds and tell him they are not doing anything....may you can convince him to take them out on Thurs or Fri.  Given you are a nurse and well experienced with this stuff I would think the Dr would listen to what you say. Good luck with getting them out early.

Sounds like you are healing very quickly.....I'm happy for you.
Open up all the windows in the house and enjoy the fresh air.
Ruth
Honeyblonde
on 5/5/09 2:41 am - MN

Hi Melissa!

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling good!!!  And you'll feel SO much better when those darn drains are gone!!

I agree, why do you need them if they aren't producing?

Whine as much as you want!

Take care!

~ BJ

gypsywoman6789
on 5/5/09 3:17 am - Hudson, NH
I had panni removal 4 weeks ago, my drains were out at 1 wk, could have taken them out around day 5 but it was a weekend and I wanted to talk to the Dr.  about it first since one of mine had lost its ability to suction.  I took them out myself after I told him how much they were putting out!
knailnhair
on 5/5/09 4:27 am - Milford, NJ
Hi Melissa....I'm soo glad you're home and feeling better. You must look like a million bucks! You are going to be an amazing inspiration to so many of us!!!  Can't wait to see your after pics!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Jane E.
on 5/5/09 10:21 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
VSG on 01/04/08 with
Just had ps 2 1/2 weeks ago and had two drains that did not get much in them, then suddenly they started draining around the tube instead of into it.  The doctor did not know why except that it might have a clot in the tube, but it drained for about 4 days then stopped.  I was glad that the hole was there to allow it to drain.     This was an arm drain.   My tummy drain got down to less than 25  and it was removed, but now I have a little pooch so, as aggravating as they are, I'm glad they were in even though they did not look like much.   I had my surgery in Mexico and had tons of work done at one time.   I woke up with 8 drains.   I looked like a Christmas tree with bulbs for ornaments.    I was so glad to get down to one.  

Hang in there.

Jane

MelissaF
on 5/5/09 10:24 pm - Northwood, IA
Wow, 8 drains, bless your heart!

My doc has me coming today to look at them.  For instance this morning, the most I have out is 4ml out of any of them.  I just don't see the point in it any longer, to me more risk for infection.

Good luck with your recupoeration. How are you feeling?
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active