Plastic Surgery Regrets - got any??

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 5/5/09 3:59 am

I regret not staying with the doc that got my insurance approval in the first place.

i regret not trusting my gut about the doc I picked next

i regret not paying said gut chucking doc with a credit card so I could reverse my payment when my disputes began

i regret not getting my quote in full detail and writing before i let said a-hole cut me up

but........ no regrets so far with my new doc - and I don't anticpate any problems THIS go around....

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

spybo
on 5/5/09 3:00 pm - Houston area, TX
Yes, I would say I do....

I have some ugly scarring on my abdomen that I wanted revised but didn't get.   I had my thigh incisions revised and they're exactly the same the second time.  One of my arm incisions is hypertrophic and wider than the other, and both scars in the armpit (in the "Z") are about 1" wide...and still hurt 6 1/2 months later.
MSHAMO
on 5/6/09 1:00 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
No regrets, but now that most of my swelling is gone from my extended TT, I can see that if I had had an Anchor , that a lot more flab would have been taken off. I didn't want the scar down the middle of my tummy, but didn't realize that eventually if wouldn't have shown too much. Of well, I'm still really pleased!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
mystic_dragonfly
on 5/6/09 2:58 am - Lock Haven, PA
There are some days I have regrets. Such as when I look and see that my holes are still oozing the yucky stuff or I look in the mirror and see how my breasts are now hanging. (looking worse than before) I had the corset adominoplasty done March 11, 2009. I love my surgeon and his assistant. They removed 9 pounds of loose skin from my back and stomach area. I am healed for the most part. I just have the 2 holes that are being stubborn. Although I do have to be honest and say I know I had the surgery but when I see myself in the mirror I still the person I was at the begining of this whole journey. The 371 pound lady that could barely walk around an amusement park. I am now 148 pounds and still losing and I know I feel much better but I am not seeing it. When will that ever change? I want to see the beautiful everyone else says they see. I don't know what to say when people tell me how good I look. Any suggestions?

mystic_dragonfly     Dr. Udekwu, Dr Moya and Jen Gallo is the best!!!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/09 12:36 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Congrats on a the great weight loss!!
Renee H.
on 5/6/09 11:48 am - Bronx, NY
I had a LBL with an anchor incision and an UBL with a brachio.  I have no regrets from the perspective of no longer having to deal with issues of excess flab on too many areas of my body.  I can live with the scars - not really stressing that.  I didn't want to live with the hanging flab.  Now that I have had all this work done, however, my thighs look crazy big.  Well, actually, it's because THEY ARE.  So now that everything else is nipped and tucked, the thighs really stand out like "hey what are you gonna do about us?"  There are days that I fret over it a little bit because, hey I'm only human too and even though I am active in support groups, I know that we are all our own worse critics.  But with all that I have been thru and the knowledge of my body issues, I have opted not to have my thighs done.  I know that if I did, my body would be in a better proportion but I really just don't believe (at this time anyway) that I am up for that type of surgery.  Thigh surgery on very large thighs is very invasive and it can be difficult to recover from.  There is only but so much my surgeon can remove and even with surgery, I would still have large thighs.  I am a large girl with a thick build so they would never be svelte at all.  So I had to make the choice of whether I wanted to go through what I anticipate would be one hell of a surgery with a potentially difficult recovery over living with these thighs.  For now, I am opting out of thigh surgery.  But this is a personal choice.  Everything with plastic surgery involves risks and it is prudent to be aware of the pros and cons and to weigh them out carefully before making your decision.  Once you do, you have to be prepared for whatever outcome you have.  For me, I had a breast lift/reduction.  I love not having the pendulous, old looking boobs but I do miss the size.  I liked being bigger breasted and they are still a good size (I didn;t have implants) but those were my girls so it's a little weird getting used to the new shape and size of them.  With my thighs, I will live with whatever improvement that exercise will give me and when all else fails, I can deal with thigh shaper garments (considering that in my heavier days, I wore every kind of support garment known to womankind under my clothes to control the girth).  

I was responding to another post earlier and stated that when it comes to scars vs. flab, we have to make a choice as to what we are willing to live with.  Once we chose the cutting, there really is no going back from it.  But when I get a little down about the scars, which is rare, all I have to do is go back and look at some pre-op pics and it quickly puts things back into perspective and I realize how fortunate I am - even though I have the "scars to prove it".

All the best to you.

Renee H. aka "Queen Nae"
RNY - 8/04 - Alfons Pomp - NYC
LBL - 4/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
Revision to anchor cut - 12/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
UBL w/brachio - 2/09 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC

Most Active