LBL question - Re: how long did you stay in the hospital

(deactivated member)
on 5/4/09 4:14 am, edited 5/4/09 6:59 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi, me again........
I hate to be a pain in the neck with all my questions but I'm still doing my "due diligence" and trying to fully understand what I'm in for (emotionally, physically, and financially).  Thanks for helping me with this.

The hospital I plan on having my LBL and Inner Thigh Lift in cost $900 a night ($750 for the room and avg $150 per day for meds)!  I'm doing my Plastic Surgery budget and wondering if I should plan on having to stay overnight for 3 days, or 4, or 5??? I also have to book a hotel for the time immediately after I get out of the hospital as I am planning on traveling out of state for this.  I realize each case is different but I'm interested to learn what the avg is.

Would you mind sharing with me how many nights you stayed in the hospital when you had your Lower Body Lift done?

Thanks again!!
Ruth
SallyCat
on 5/4/09 5:38 am
VSG on 10/17/16
 I stayed for 3 nights. They only suggested one, but I'm glad I did the three. I truly believe that you heal faster if you stay really still the first several days. I got up and walked and everything but I really took it easy till I got out. I was back at the gym in a couple of weeks.
(deactivated member)
on 5/4/09 6:41 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I think I'm with you.........I'd rather stay an extra night just to get some real rest (and good drugs) before rushing out on my own.  They suggest 2-3 days to me and I'll plan for 3 unless something comes up and I need a 4th. 

Honeyblonde
on 5/4/09 5:40 am - MN
Apparently I'm an exception, but I had my surgery at 7:30 am, and left for home by 2:30 pm that same day.   It was actually very easy.  I had to go back in and see my doctor the following day, and everything was fine.

It seems the majority of people at least stay overnight. 

Good luck!

~ BJ
cleos_mom
on 5/4/09 5:48 am, edited 5/4/09 5:49 am - phila., PA
I was suppossed to go home the same day but I had a hysterectoy at the same time y insurance allowed me 5 days but my copay was 150.00 a day so I only stayed 2 days. my friend just had it done last week and was able to go hoe the same day. Is your hotel close to the hospital and do you have soe one staying with you.
one thing I would get for the inner thigh lift is a raised toilet seat and take it with you ,, they are only about 20.00 best money I ever spent. it is hard to sit low on the toilet seat some people buy the Freshette and it is a female urinal basically , you can stand up & pee but the toilet seat works just as well I am 5 weeks post inner thigh lift and I still use it.
when is your surgery?
I have a friend we keep getting the same plastics done and she lets e go first so she can see y recovery & know what to expect.
Good Luck

/
(deactivated member)
on 5/4/09 6:39 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
I have not locked in the date yet for my LBL & Inner Thigh but am planning for on or about July 21st.  I'll have to travel and need to make lots of arrangements not only the airline, hotel, rental car but I have to board my dog and hire someone to do pool maintenance and mow the lawn (I'm sure the neighbor will help with the lawn).  Anyhow LOTS to prepare in advance, not to mention getting mentally and physically ready.]
I think I'll buy the toilet seat when I get there instead of traveling on the plane with it.  I've good things about the Freshette too and will probably buy one.  I also want to buy some of those pre-soaped body wash towelettes....great for sponge bath when you cannot shower.
As I said in another post I'm getting excited about getting this done, can't wait to confirm the date and then have this behind me.  :-)

LOL- about your friend lets you go first with all the surgeries......
Thanks!
Ruth
Susan S.
on 5/4/09 5:54 am - Roselle, NJ
Stayed two nights as required - I was sure I would be one of the few who would go home after one night - but that wasn't realistic.......the hospital did not understand my food needs - so I was running out of protein bars...and had to go home......I would think if you do well - 3 nights in the hospital - you have to get out of bed the day postop - and it takes a while to get used to the maneuvers to accomplish that - but more than that shouldn't be necessary unless you have complications.   Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

MelissaF
on 5/4/09 6:01 am - Northwood, IA
Amen to the food needs.  I brought protein shake powder and bars and was running out myself.  I had ice cream and sherbert and cake on my trays - scary part was I was ordred a 'bariatric diet'.  HOLY COW.  This was the hospital I was supposed to be bariatric coordinator for (the one I work for) and do I have an email to send to the new coordinator.. wow.

I had 2 nights in the hospital. I was supposed to have one but paid for two just in case and glad I did.  I had pain, nausea and a fever.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

(deactivated member)
on 5/4/09 6:45 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I tend to get very nauseous after surgery which is why I normally end up staying a day longer than most people.......
Thanks
cleos_mom
on 5/4/09 11:12 am - phila., PA
I was very nauseous after surgery so they kept me overnight but then I realized it was the pain meds(dilaudid) and I would rather be in pain then nauseous so after that I only took tylenol and I was fine.I did take protein powder & protein bars with me.It is very important to kep up your protein especially since you are staying in a hotel you will not feel like eating food so you will need your protein
Most Active