My binder has lost its will to live!

islander
on 5/5/09 2:05 am - Middletown, RI
I went to our local TJMaxx/Marshall's & bought for $11 a once piece garment (bra & pants) with crotch snaps & some compression.  Love it!  Before that I wore Spanx-type tops that went down to lower hips.  Same price (maybe cheaper?)   Worked well, also.

happy girl
on 5/5/09 2:05 am
try

http://marenagroup.com/

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

gypsywoman6789
on 5/5/09 3:14 am - Hudson, NH
Well I ended up going to Target and picking up a garment made by Hanes.  I have a short torso so it fits me all the way up to under my boobs but I think its really meant to be a wasit trimmer.  It has like a 6" band at the top so I'm hoping that will prevent it from rolling down and it does not have as much compression as the Flexees which is good because I couldn't breathe in that thing and also this won't be as painful to take down over my tender areas.  It also extends partly down my thigh which I didn't need but that's how it came.  So we'll see how this goes.  It was only $14 vs. Assets $20 so I decided to try this first.
Renee H.
on 5/5/09 3:30 am - Bronx, NY

When I had my LBL, I bought additional binders online from some medical supply site.  Not sure which - but I liked having a binder on around the house and when I went to sleep.  I saved compression garments for after maybe 6 - 8 weeks and only when I left the house.  Even though your surgeon may say you can go without a binder or compression garment after X amount of weeks, if you feel better and more secure wearing, wear it.  I wore my compression garment FOREVER after my LBL.  It made me feel held together and it also smoothed me out under my clothes.

I opted for Rainey Wear compression garments.  They have a website.  A little pricey but they gave good compression and they lasted a long time.  I told you I wore them FOREVER.

Someone else asked about bras I think.  Some folks say to get a sports bra.  I guess it depends what you're working with breast-wise but I wore the surgical bra they gave me and managed to get another one before I left the hospital.  They are ugly as hell but they gave me support in the right places and didn't make my breasts feel too constricted. 

Renee H. aka "Queen Nae"
RNY - 8/04 - Alfons Pomp - NYC
LBL - 4/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
Revision to anchor cut - 12/07 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC
UBL w/brachio - 2/09 - Thomas P. Sterry - NYC

shscharger
on 5/5/09 8:27 am - MS
VSG on 12/10/07 with
Here is another website to try .

http://www.contourmd.com/
MSHAMO
on 5/6/09 2:09 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI
I love my binder, too, but when I go out without it, I wear Dr. Rey's shaper that is sold at Sears. I didn't get the high waisted one, tho!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Most Active