My binder has lost its will to live!

gypsywoman6789
on 5/4/09 11:21 pm - Hudson, NH
So I am 4 wks post op panni removal with anchor cut.  And for the past couple of days I have been fighting with my binder to stay put.  The velcro has just quit.  It doesn't want to stick to itself anymore.  So I tried just wearing my Flexees last night but they bother me because they roll down a little bit at the top, I have to take them off completely to go to the ladies room and my tummy is still sensitive so rolling them down to take them off hurts a little bit.

PS said I could stop wearing the binder at 4 weeks but I feel very naked and vulnerable without it.  I feel like at least with the binder if I bumped into something or one of the dogs jumped up on me I had a layer of protection.

So I'm going to head over to Target to pick up a spanx type garment, I know this question has been posted before, but any suggestions on the best compression garments to use after the binder?
cleos_mom
on 5/4/09 11:38 pm - phila., PA
you can buy another binder @ any medical supply or  online. I use  flexees when I am going out and getting dressed up. I have several compression garments cause I want to wear them for a long time. My favorite ones I bought are from Morena.
www.morena.com
they are crotchless and they snap close so you don't have to pull them up or down . I just had thighs done so mine go fom under the breast to my knees, they are light weight and they have shoulder straps so they don't roll down and they are so comfortable.
my PS told me I could stop wearing the binder @ 6 weeks except for excercise & dancing but I want to wear it. I don't know if it is true but I have heard that the longer you wear it the better the results and it doesn't bother me
Susan
MyQnA
on 5/5/09 12:10 am
I appreciate your response because even at week out I am stuck I need a new bra and these things are unheard of over here it seems.  can you tell me what the brand of the products are.  I can't seem to use the link you posted because it takes me to another website.

~Maxine

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

happy girl
on 5/5/09 2:06 am
try http://marenagroup.com/

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

cleos_mom
on 5/5/09 11:24 am - phila., PA
I spelled it wrong sorry
Marena group

www.marenagroup.com
2kristie
on 5/5/09 12:24 am - , MO
my binder also shot craps at about 4 weeks and I was still very tender too but my PS had said I didnt need to wear anything anymore.  I got 3 different kinds of Spanx type garments after that and fought the same roll down and feeling really vulnerable for about another week or 2 and then just decided one day to try it w/o anything.  I have never been one to wear hose or girdles or anything and it was driving me crazy.  I have big legs so I had a hard time finding the right garmets too...also very short waisted and still have back fat.  So, it does get better and easier just give yourself a chance to go slow to the land of no girdle.  I even thought I would be wearing my garment to workout in but I really only need my spandex pants to keep my thighs from wobbling...I still can not have that pressure of a tight waistband so I take them off right after I am done.  I also only wear my jeans for a couple of hours then I have to take them off too.  I can see my swelling going down gradually every few days but its still here.  I am almost 9 weeks out TT no muscle tightening w/ anchor cut.  I couldnt be happier though w/ the results so far...it is amazing to fit into my clothes better and have my back/feet feel better.  best wishes on finding something that works...
gypsywoman6789
on 5/5/09 12:41 am - Hudson, NH
So we had the same type of surgery.  I had anchor cut tt no muscle also.  Have you posted any pictures of before and afters? 
2kristie
on 5/5/09 12:06 pm - , MO
Hey yes, it sounds like we did.  I have not posted any pics and dont know if I will.  I dont think I am comfortable w/ showing everything my "stuff".  But I may change my mind later. 
gypsywoman6789
on 5/5/09 12:19 pm - Hudson, NH
Well in my pics I kept my "stuff" covered.  Didn't want "the full Monty" out there!  So I wore a string bikini pair of panties and crossed my arms around by chest to cover up the girls.  But understandably this is a very personal decision to make.  Happy healing!
gypsywoman6789
on 5/5/09 12:39 am - Hudson, NH
Thanks for the replies.  I tried the morena site and had the same problem it takes me to some other site.

Guess I'll just head to target and pick up 1 spanx to try and see if its any better than the flexees.
Most Active