Hips after Lower Body Lift

poonjabber
on 5/4/09 3:48 am - sioux falls, SD
I am about 14 months post op from my plastic surgery. I had a lower body lift with Michael Fasching in Minneapolis in March of 2008 and while I was initially happy with the results around my waist I really hate how my hips look.

I am about 6 inches bigger around the hips than I am at the waist making me look pear shaped. Dr Fasching wants me to come in for a consult but it will be a while before I can make it up there. Has anyone else had similar issues after an LBL? Were you able to have a procedure to tighten up this area?

When I have researched procedures I do not see any particular procedure for the outer hips. I have been told that they can address this with a thigh lift but as much skin as there is on the hips I doubt they will be able to pull it tight by adjusting my inner thighs.

I am 35 year old man and about 6 feet 2 inches tall.

Thanks for your help.
BigV
on 5/4/09 4:05 am - UK
Hi,  I am a 22yr old male (6ft 5'') and I am also about 1 year post op from a lower body lift.

I also have this problem of my hips being a lot larger than my waist, probably about a 5 to 8 inch difference, so I can fully understand what you mean about the pear shape.   I look very bottom heavy and a bit feminine in shape, especially if I wear a tight T-shirt, I also still have a droopy and flat bottom along with a pool of loose skin when I sit or lie down, although my stomach and chest are now perectly tight.

My surgeon has suggested 'taking another slice off' my butt (extending around to the hips I assume) to tighten it up and get rid of the problem.    The downsides are obviously it is not a pleasant operation because it is really sore to sit or lay down afterwards, and because of the position wound seperation can be an issue.

i already had an inner thigh lift which has improved my legs but made no difference to the outer hips.

I intend to get the revision, I mean having come so far why stop now?  Having large hips and being male looks a bit weird........ although it can be hidden somewhat by a loose T-shirt and baggy trousers.

cleos_mom
on 5/4/09 6:11 am - phila., PA
I just had an inner thigh lift back & butt lift which took care of the fat deposits on the hips. I had no problems at all from that surgery. I was able to sit with no problems and I was able to lay on my side iediately , now y thighs that was a differnt story they hurt
cbhjr98
on 5/4/09 5:24 pm
I agree w/ cleos_mom... I had butt lift and auto-aug, and inner and outter thigh lift w/ my LBL with lots of contouring lipo on the thighs. Sitting is the MOST comfortable of the ways I can sit. The only problem with sitting is the groin incisions from the inner thigh lifts that hurt. Granted - sitting in a hard chair for more than a couple hours at a time creates an issue - LOL.

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
Most Active