Dr Agha Patients

BlueEyes30
on 5/4/09 12:15 pm - Haughton, LA
Hello everyone.  Congradulations on all your plastics.  This is a journey that terrifies me greatly.  I am wanting to speak with patients that have went to this physician to have plastic surgery.  I think the price is steep, but I want to know how hiswor is, what you thought about him, what made you choose him, recover/pain time and email me back. 

Thanks for responding back.

Staying Focused leads to success!!  Beginning: 345, Current: 163, Goal: 140-130

(deactivated member)
on 5/4/09 12:25 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I'm sure you'll hear from a bunch of people who have already had procedures done my Dr Agha.  I have not had any work done by him yet but do plan on having my LBL and Inner Thigh Lift by him in a couple of months.  I've done my homework/research and feel he's the best for me.

Best wishes as you make your decision.
Feel free to PM me if you want to chat about it....

Ruth
BlueEyes30
on 5/4/09 8:55 pm - Haughton, LA
I spoke with him briefly last night after he responded personally to my email and contacted me.  I am really scared about all this as it is my final stage of surgeries to close the obesity book.  I want to fit in smaller clothes than I already do but can't due to the abdominal region.  I am excited to see what he can do for me.

Thanks...

What did he say he would charge you? Ihaven't recieved a price.  Is a Motel included?

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/09 12:53 am, edited 5/5/09 1:10 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Yes Dr Agha is VERY responsive and makes himself very available to patients.

The price quote you will get will be for his fees, the hospital operating room and anesthesia...it does not include anything else.  For me I have to add in airfare, hotel, rental car, food,  boarding my dog, and lawn maintenance for the time I am away.

If you want to talk about specifics pleas PM me......
Ruth

EDITED:  FYI - the price quote does not include any of the pain meds either but I was told while in the hospital it avgs $150 a day.

totalfreedom
on 5/4/09 1:02 pm - Northern CA
Hi: Dr. Agha is my surgeon.  I am headed for stage 2 next week.  If you are a friend you can see my before and after pics.  Just request.

i went on several consults and found that my priorities of my butt aug/ back upper thighs were extremely important. he had pictures to show he dealt with patients like me.  lack of fat/tissue and lots of extra skin.  all other 3 surgeons would not be giving me much of a butt, i did not want to be flat.  Also a couple of them told me i would not get to good of results in that area. 

the only bummer i have is that i don't live near him.  Although everything has worked out, the cost of being far away (having to stay in town) and the fact that i don't have him face to face is annoying.  But we took care of everything through emailed pictures and phone calls.

He is an extremely gifted surgeon.  I totally trust his skills.  I particularly like the fact that he takes nutrition needs seriously.  Plus he is easy to talk to as well.

if you have specific questions, please feel free to PM me.

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

BlueEyes30
on 5/4/09 8:57 pm - Haughton, LA
I was wondering if he does a mons lift as well while you are under?  I am wanting the spiral body lift as well.  You have email request where I can be your friend.  As you can read my post above, this surgery scares me but I feel like I have been led to this man. Therefore, he will probably be my surgeon.  Just emailed him my pictures last night and he was going to be back in touch.

sablouwho
on 5/5/09 1:42 am - La La Land, CA
First, I should say that I haven't had plastics yet, but after consulting w/around 6 plastic surgeons, I've decided that Agha is who I will use. (Honestly, I sort of knew when I first met him at the OH conference last November that he was the doc I wanted to use, but I still did consults with other docs just to be sure. He even encouraged me to consult w/another specific PS who does lots of bariatric patients, and while I am going to do that next week, I seriously doubt that I will change my mind)

To answer your question about a mons lift -- he does this as part of the lower body lift. 

I understand about being scared, I feel the same way too sometimes, but talking to Dr. Agha about my specific concerns has definitely helped me.

Also, I got a chance to see him present his work/techniques to a group of plastic surgeons recently at UCLA (I live nearby). It was very helpful to hear this, as there was a lot more "medical talk" than what would be presented to a patient. Some of it was above my head, but my take away from the presentation was that he really knows what he is doing.

My mom is an MD (radiologist), she accompanied me to my consult w/Agha when she was out here visiting. Once back home, she was chatting with a bariatric surgeon who trained at  University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (which is where Agha did his plastics residency.) The surgeon, while he didn't know Agha, said that the plastics program there has a terrific reputation, and produces surgeons who are really innovative in their approach. In addition, he said that UPMC has a lot of WLS patients, therefore the PSs who train there get specific training in bariatric plastics.

My mom then chatted with a plastic surgeon at the hospital where she works. The PS said that bariatric plastics is indeed a specialty niche and that not every PS (including himself) has the kind of training to do this sort of work. 

These general statements by these other doctors (again, they do not know Agha) squares with what I have experienced talking with Agha. In the consult I had with him he definitely had more innovative ideas when it came to body shape, scar placement, and the technical details of how he would do the procedure, as well as in what order he would do them, when compared with the other docs with whom I consulted.  Definitely innovative and not run-of-the-mill.

To be fair, there is one other doc whom I met with that comes in as a close second for me. But as much as I like him (and I liked him quite a bit), I felt that Agha edges him out when it comes to what I need, innovation of scar placement, combining procedures, etc.

I understand what you are saying when you state you feel led to working with him. I feel the same way.

~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

totalfreedom
on 5/5/09 6:06 am - Northern CA
Hi, I just accepted your request for a friend.  Also, yes the mons lift is included with the LBL.

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

Jane E.
on 5/5/09 10:30 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
VSG on 01/04/08 with
What is his price for the LBL

Jane

gypsywoman6789
on 5/4/09 10:46 pm - Hudson, NH
I haven't had any work done by Dr. Agha but I've seen many people on this msg board who have and I've seen their pictures and I am always impressed.  He also is very active on this board answering questions that patients post when he can.  If I lived near him, I would certainly have a consult with him.

Good luck.
Most Active