bathing question

tcnaegele
on 5/3/09 9:08 pm - madison, IN
im 3 weeks out  from lbl, brachioplasty and breast lift, do you think it is to soon to soak in a hot bath tub, ive been taking showers, but i would just love to lay and soak for awhile. i do have a couple of places that are still scabbed and not closed up. tracy
Redhaired
on 5/3/09 9:30 pm - Mouseville, FL
You will need to ask your surgeon about this.  I believe it is standard to advise against soaking in a tub until all of the wounds are healed.

Red

Kelly V.
on 5/3/09 10:36 pm - Galion, OH
That is a huge risk for infection.  I am a soaker to and miss it.  I am almost 8 weeks out and still have some openings.    My friend soaked to early and ended up with various infection sites.   Now where the infection was the scars are bigger and bumpy.  I wouldn't take the chance.
cleos_mom
on 5/4/09 12:06 am - phila., PA
as long as you have open or scabbed soars you shouldn't soak in the tub. even if they are scabbed the water can make the scabs come off and you can get an infection.
When you are all healed up as a precaution I would shower first and then soak. soaking in a bathtub is a germ pool especially if you are using hot -ho****er, germs love heat.  just take a look when you get out of the tub the water is not clear as when you first got in it .There are oils from your body & dirt.you would be better off swimming in a public pool at least there is chlorine in ther to kill the germs and then they get filtered out
Most Active